Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
'05 ProCharged cts-V -Silver on Black
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Epp just finished the retune on the V with the new Fast 92mm intake

Lost 2 psi of boost with the higher flowing intake. If I want to get the boost back I'll need to put a larger crank pulley on.
But I think that might be pushing it on pump gas and I don't want to get into having to use race gas. Guess I may have to live with the 864/776 if I'm going to keep it streetable with all the cadillac goodies

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 SRX, 2006 CTS-V
38 Posts
I don't know what I would do if I had to live with only 864rwhp for the street. I feel your pain. :violin:

lol. nice numbers!

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Bob,

Did you talk to them about unlocking your PCM so you can have Ron at Pro Dyno Tech go over their tune? I'm sure it is great but I have to be skeptical about what happened with my tune!

·
Registered
05 Maggied V Black/Black
1,158 Posts
EPP doesn't lock thier tunes

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
EPP doesn't lock thier tunes
They locked his. I was at Pro Dyno Tech with him when they were talking about it. I am also in no way saying that Brent is a bad tuner, he must have just had something else going on in his head the day he tuned my car. I am sure that Bob's V beast and your Drag V got first class treatment!

·
Registered
Tis Gone :(
3,414 Posts
I cant imgine twice the HP of what I have now. My wife asked "how has he not destroyed his rear end?" Shes learnin!!

My next tune will be done by a local legand that is getting 524rwhp out of a Goat with a 122. Guy is unbelievable and does damn near every highpower LSx within a drive. For you guys on Tech his name is Bluecat, maybe you have seen/heard of him.

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
Epp just finished the retune on the V with the new Fast 92mm intake

Lost 2 psi of boost with the higher flowing intake. If I want to get the boost back I'll need to put a larger crank pulley on.
But I think that might be pushing it on pump gas and I don't want to get into having to use race gas. Guess I may have to live with the 864/776 if I'm going to keep it streetable with all the cadillac goodies
Just put your old intake back on, and wait for the next greatest intake to come out. :) I agree, stick with the pump gas.

They locked his. I was at Pro Dyno Tech with him when they were talking about it. I am also in no way saying that Brent is a bad tuner, he must have just had something else going on in his head the day he tuned my car. I am sure that Bob's V beast and your Drag V got first class treatment!
They did my tune up badass and I have absolutely no complaints. Maybe they just don't like you Ted :lol:

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero
1,646 Posts
Upgrade the pump and injectors and run e85? About 105 octane there.

·
Registered
'05 ProCharged cts-V -Silver on Black
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Upgrade the pump and injectors and run e85? About 105 octane there.
Already have the fuel system for up to about 1400 hp. Just need to go bigger injectors, larger crank pulley & retune. Probably go to 16 psi. & the theoretical hp would be at about 950 whp.
Question is, do I really want or need that other 80 hp. And is it going to give me a problem with pump gas .
Don't know about the E85 thing, Don't know how widely available it is.
What you guys think ? Would that be just asking for a bunch of problems you think ?
Or should I just leave well enough alone at 864 whp ?
:hmm::wisdom:
Although it'd be awfully tough to give up "Mod Hell"

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
E85 is widely available here in Indiana since a lot of it is made right here in Indiana between Lafayette and Logansport! It is great for octane, and cheaper then gas...but it will also give you even worse gas mileage then im sure you are getting now!

·
Registered
Tis Gone :(
3,414 Posts
The "cost per mile" between E85 and premium seem to be a wash. The E85 is cheaper but pump gas gets you further.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
But e85 gets you the higher octane. It's like race gas that you can buy at the pump.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,075 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, E85 does have higher octane (hence, better resistance to spark knock), but has a lower heating value (i.e. available energy) per unit of weight (i.e. per gallon assuming similar specific gravity).

Dang! 864 hp not enough?!! :bonkers: I can't imagine!

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
:drool: that car is fantastic.. did you ever get that new hood design? im interested in it as well

IMO 864hp is enough if the next step will bring up logistic and reliability issues.. but Mod Hell never ends

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, E85 does have higher octane (hence, better resistance to spark knock), but has a lower heating value (i.e. available energy) per unit of weight (i.e. per gallon assuming similar specific gravity).
You are correct. You need about 40% more e85 than you would gasoline. So if you're able to flow the additional fuel (fuel pump, injectors, tune) you can take advantage of the much higher knock resistance (more boooost :lildevil:).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts