·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mustang Dyno @ Total Performance:

Bone Stock CTS-V with 2500 miles, ambient temp 80 degrees:
Max Power 287.1 @ 5900
Max Torque 281.4 @ 4650

Same CTS-V with Mods, ambient temp 50 degrees.
Mods: Maggie @ 4.2 lbs boost, Magnaflow exhaust, Stealth Wild Power Tune, K&N filter -
1st pull after Parasitic losses were calculated:
Max Power 341.1 @ 6400
Max Torque 320.1 @ 3650

2nd pull after 10 min cool-down:
Max Power 354.2 @ 6400
Max Torque 329.5 @ 3650

3rd pull no cool-down:
Max Power 343.0 @ 6400
Max Torque 320.2 @ 3650

SuperFlow AutoDyn Dyno @ Tony's Corvette. Same CTS-V with mods in place. Ambient Temp 85 degress -

1st pull after losses were calculated:

MaxPower 380 @ 6300
MaxTorque 358 @ 4200

Fuel Trims were dead on, we did notice that the Fuel Injector duty cycle never exceeded 50%. Boost remained at a constant 4.2 lbs...

Now to install a set of long tube headers, Random Cats, and 2.7" pully on the Maggie (should increase boost to 6.4 lbs). Send the PCM back to Rick, then back to the dyno.

Does anyone know a good place (read cheap) to purchase the headers and cats? I am using a Magnaflow exhaust, has this combo been done before? Will I have to have custom pipes made to connect the cats to the Magnflow?

GT

·
Registered
32 Posts
dynoed mine at 5000 mi bone stock 80deg 4 times best 329.5HP 320.4TQ The worst was 319.1HP and 312.9TQ. I just put a maggie and everthing else is stock and im going to dyno it this week.ill keep you posted

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Mustang dyno typically reads low. We had 3 V's dynoed at the same time, the best was trukk's : [email protected] RWHP vs. 298.9 @4900 RWTQ. The only mod he had was a Corsa exhaust. Are you running the stock Maggie Tune? I ran the car in the 1/4. Left the line conservatively, 60' time was 2.2 secs. I didn't power shift, and was able to run a 13.4 @ 112. So the car is making power, just no traction. I took it easy cause I didn't want to grenade the diff :-}. Just had the GM bushing's added and the BMR pinion support, which greatly reduced wheel hop. I'm interested to see your pull results with the Maggie. What dyno did you use? BTW - I liked the way you slid into the parking lot with the V sideways.

Vince_juice said:
dynoed mine at 5000 mi bone stock 80deg 4 times best 329.5HP 320.4TQ The worst was 319.1HP and 312.9TQ. I just put a maggie and everthing else is stock and im going to dyno it this week.ill keep you posted

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
GT04CTS-V said:
Does anyone know a good place (read cheap) to purchase the headers and cats? I am using a Magnaflow exhaust, has this combo been done before? Will I have to have custom pipes made to connect the cats to the Magnflow?

GT
I'm very interested in knowing as well.....

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
yea why are people putting up such low numers. Most people stock have put down 327/326.....Do people agree that some LS6's are much jucier than other Ls6's. I mean 287 compared to 327 stock.....thats 40rwhp!!!!!! difference and they are both stock!

BTW I took 327/326 from the run BB did on a stock ctsv

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All depends on the dyno, read my first post in this thread:
Mustang dyno (Don't believe this particular dyno is utilizing corrected numbers):
Max Power 341.1 @ 6400
Max Torque 320.1 @ 3650
SuperFlow AutoDyn Dyno @ Tony's Corvette. Same CTS-V different dyno:
MaxPower 380 @ 6300
MaxTorque 358 @ 4200
Note: This was the same car, just different dynos. Hummm, 38.9 HP difference. Depends on what u want, high numbers or finding how much gain the mods made. Bottom line, use the same dyno at the same facility in order to access the difference made by your mods. I gained 67.1 HP / 48.1 TQ at the wheels with a Maggie, Exhaust, Stealth tune, and K&N filter.
GT

·
Registered
301 Posts
GT04CTS-V said:
All depends on the dyno, read my first post in this thread:
Mustang dyno (Don't believe this particular dyno is utilizing corrected numbers):
Max Power 341.1 @ 6400
Max Torque 320.1 @ 3650
SuperFlow AutoDyn Dyno @ Tony's Corvette. Same CTS-V different dyno:
MaxPower 380 @ 6300
MaxTorque 358 @ 4200
Note: This was the same car, just different dynos. Hummm, 38.9 HP difference. Depends on what u want, high numbers or finding how much gain the mods made. Bottom line, use the same dyno at the same facility in order to access the difference made by your mods. I gained 67.1 HP / 48.1 TQ at the wheels with a Maggie, Exhaust, Stealth tune, and K&N filter.
GT
I just had this procharger put on, and my numbers are above on a eddy current dyno. They simulate real world numbers of what people are actually putting to the ground. When I got back to KC, I decided to take my car back to a dynojet to get some "bragging" numbers. I didn't get the numbers I wanted as my lower octane gas here (91 vs. the 93 they tuned it on) was causing my knock sensors to kick in and robbing me of 2lbs of boost (dropped from a solid 8# to a solid 6#). I was down about 40HP, only making 460 at the rear wheels on the 6#:banghead: . Needless to say, I'm getting my PCM retuned, and they sent me a 4.25in pulley:shhh: (down from the 4.5in I had), so hopefully I'll be able to post some dyno numbers on Thursday night. I originally put out 338 on this dynojet, but I only put out 290's on the mustang. He's right, it's all about the gains on the same dyno.

·
Premium Member
6,067 Posts
If you read in my other post, they also don't use SAE smoothing, some funky temperature computation. Thye also set the weight of the car @ 4000LBS. All I car about is getting some numbers to compare, to I can see if my mods are making a difference.

Also,

Gary, were you able to get your 3rd run numbers with your stock V? I want to compare htose to my 3rd run numbers from my corsa/rt cats run v.s my corsa/rt-cats/LPE-CAI 3rd run.

Also, I was going to try and make it up so check it out, but I couldn't leave the Navy Yard in Anacostia until 2:15. By the time up was near Rt 100 on 95, it was alreay 3:45, so no dice :(

Thanks and I'll catch you next time,

Chris

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chris, my 3rd pull with the engine nice and heat soaked on the Mustang stock was:

270 HP / 268 Torque

GT

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey - Forgot to mention. Keith at Tony's Corvette told me that his dyno typically reads lower than (10%) others. He told me that my numbers:
MaxPower 380 @ 6300
MaxTorque 358 @ 4200

Would be around 410 HP and 394 TQ on similar dynos - Go figure.

GT

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I though Magnacharger says their blower adds 130hp/90tq at the wheels???

·
0 Posts
guys remember this is a mustang dyno. not a dyno jet. mustang dynos give lower readings

·
Premium Member
6,067 Posts
GT04CTS-V said:
Chris, my 3rd pull with the engine nice and heat soaked on the Mustang stock was:

270 HP / 268 Torque

GT
Thanks. This is exactly what I was looking for. This put's my mods then at about 35 RWHP heatsoaked. Not bad for a Corsa, RT Cats and LPE CAI.

Also, it seems every Dyno thread we have, about 75% of the posts are talking about how sh!tty and low the Mustang numbers are. :banghead:

Ohh well,

Chris

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
A lot of the variances have to do with the pulley used. The same kit (3") on various V's produces more or less boost. I have heard that the new kit comes with a smaller pulley to correct those cars that cannot attain 5 lbs of boost.
1 psi loss on boost will make a big difference in power.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
11 Participants
GT04CTS-V