Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the overall noise leve in my V fatiguing, and talking on a cell phone difficult. So I took a big ($1200) plunge, and had the hood, entire interior, and trunk Dyna-matted.

The install took 3 days, and was done by a local sound shop. Very professional. (I have lot's of pix, and if people are interested maybe we can get posted on the FAQ.)

Installer used a blend of three or four different Dynamat products. The stuff is cool, for those that haven't seen it. It's also heavy -- probably 50-75 pounds in this install. Installer was surpised at how little insulation was used by Caddy and how thin the metal was in places. I told him it's a race car....

RESULTS: Biggest impression is tonal -- almost all the (fatiguing) high freqencies are GONE. Overall noise levels significantly lower, esp. from the eng compartment/CAI (which has a lot of hi freq content) and tires. What's that leave? The exhaust, of course! Corsa much more pronounced, and much deeper. Stereo sounds a bit better too. I am very happy.

BTW, I just crack the sunroof if I want the highs back.

So....it's expensive and heavy, but it's a great product and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Installer was Digital City in Santa Clara, CA. Recommended. Ask for Theo.

Bob

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wow - funny, I was just commenting to a friend yesterday at lunch about how nice and quiet the V is and that I can now again have reasonable cell phone conversations. Compared to my previous car - Z06....

It's all relative I guess....

:bouncy:

Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
Lanman