Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade ESV Platinum
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the tehama leather seats in their platinum dyed or sprayed? If so did you have any issues with your seats heating or cooling?

·
Registered
Escalade ESV Platinum
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? Glad I can bring a fresh new topic to the board. Strange though, I can't imagine I'm the only one who has been in the market for a used platinum with worn
leather driver and passenger seats.

·
Registered
1999 Escalade, 2008 Escalade
32 Posts
I had my 1999 Cadillac Escalade cashmere seats sprayed by my dealer when I was living in Louisiana, and it came out real nice. It didn't effect my heated seats at all. I did noticed that they did not pull my seats out to spray them, because after a year both sides of my center console started to peel. I didn't know why it was doing that, so I went to the dealer, and that's when they told me that it could have been overspray from when my seats were sprayed. So, make sure they pull your seats out to perform the job, because it don't last on plastc. I was told by the dealer, that when you turn your heated seats on, and you wear blue jeans on the heated seat the dye from the jeans start to sweat, and stain the seats. I sold my 99' escalade back in 2010, and the buyer was very impressed on how good the driver and passenger seats look.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV Platinum
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for your input. I haven't decided if I'm going with this particular vehicle. There are a number of issues that concern me; star in windshield, bent rim,
center console damage, side-view mirrors are not fully functional and the badly faded front and 2nd row seats. There are other options out there, I'm simply trying to be
thorough before ruling out a local platinum with an attractive price tag. However, that may explain the asking price. The reality is it would cost an additional 7 g's to get
the vehicle up to par.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Go to semproducts.com, they make a great quality product for just what you are wanting to do to your leather. I am planning on doing mine real soon as well!! Good luck!!

·
Registered
None
5 Posts
Great post. I am going to pick-up/ buy a 2009 platinum next weekend. I too am concerned about the condition of the seats since they truck is out of state. The photos sent from the dealer are not the greatest of quality so it's hard to tell. I do know one was already redone under warranty due to a tear in the seat. If they do turn out to be in great shape is there any tips to preserve them for getting all cracked up looking? Thanks.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV Platinum
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats on finding an '09 platinum, they are not plentiful. How many miles on yours or soon to be yours?

Great post. I am going to pick-up/ buy a 2009 platinum next weekend. I too am concerned about the condition of the seats since they truck is out of state. The photos sent from the dealer are not the greatest of quality so it's hard to tell. I do know one was already redone under warranty due to a tear in the seat. If they do turn out to be in great shape is there any tips to preserve them for getting all cracked up looking? Thanks.

·
Registered
'11 Escalade, '06 Escalade
221 Posts
If the wear ever gets real bad, you can always purchase new leather covers for the seats. They are not cheap, but would be like new

12,778 Posts
Thanks everyone for your input. I haven't decided if I'm going with this particular vehicle. There are a number of issues that concern me; star in windshield, bent rim,
center console damage, side-view mirrors are not fully functional and the badly faded front and 2nd row seats. There are other options out there, I'm simply trying to be
thorough before ruling out a local platinum with an attractive price tag. However, that may explain the asking price. The reality is it would cost an additional 7 g's to get
the vehicle up to par.
EL EL Eye, I just wanted to let you know I'm available if you would ever like me to provide the build sheet of a vehicle you're considering! I'm also happy to attempt to locate options in your area, so don't hesitate to email me at [email protected] for any further assistance.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
Escalade ESV Platinum
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sweet! Maybe we'll be picking our respective vehicles up around the same time. My first choice has 46k miles on it.

It has 36k miles on it. White diamond in color.
----------

Thanks Katie, I will take you up on your offer.

·
Registered
'08 Escalade ESV
442 Posts
If the wear ever gets real bad, you can always purchase new leather covers for the seats. They are not cheap, but would be like new
Prices for OEM covers really aren't that bad. Looks like seat bottom covers are about $140, backs less than $90 for platinum leather. I would love to know if the platinum covers will work on a standard leather seat. If so it would be a pretty sweet upgrade for ~$500. Not sure what all holds the leather on either. Hogrings and plastic clips?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts