Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
#Late 2007 (57 Plate) CTS LUX Sport
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to connect a small PC in my 2006 Euro CTS. However the screen flickers.

I think its because the PC is output at 60mhz. And the tv/dvd screen has an input or between 40-50mhz

Is it possible to change the Frequency on the Tv. I cant lower the PC. Unless someone knows of something i can purchase to place beween the pc and tv

I want to install the PC to run via the RCA Connections as the AUX input and then run my MP3's.

Any Suggestions.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
dont you have the euro version CTS? and is the tv a euro version?

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,820 Posts
Just like what txbest said. It sounds like your pc is pal while the screen is NTSC. Which of course has nothing to do with refresh rate. Even if you have an euro version cts, it may still be NTSC. Because the manufactor did not account for someone doing this type of mod.

Though you could do a very simple test to see if this is the problem. Take a DVD or VCR player and hook it up. If either, or both work. Then it's your computer, if they don't work. Then your SOL, sorry to say.

KOT

·
Registered
#Late 2007 (57 Plate) CTS LUX Sport
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can see the Windows XP logo during boot up and then the MAin Screen but its flickers.

·
Registered
05' CTS
60 Posts
I haven't figured out how to hook it up but there is a separate sync wire to control the flickering you may be able to find a similar signal in your VGA I think that pin 13 may be what you need, but I'm not a expert so this is worth exactly what you paid for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts