Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Robert Brandtjen 
#1 ·
I just got an '03 Escalade. When I put a DVD into the Nav system (while in park) the system gives an error and says it wasn't a valid map DVD. How do I play a regular DVD while in park?

Thanks.

#3 ·
do the escalade navs even play dvds at all? my freinds dad has a 02 Lexus es 300 with nav, and we tried puttin a dvd in adn it gave us an error message sayin it wasnt a map disc. Im starting to think not all of them paly dvd. the navs on the dts, and sts both have a ''dvd'' button on them. to switch to dvd mode.

#5 ·
Is it a DVD NAV system? in the earlier models of cadillac vehicles it is a CD based NAV system. It will allow you to use the slot as a single CD slot. It also has a web browser built in. if you insert a CD with webpages it will allow you to view them. You very well may have the CD based system and therfore the drive itself will not recognize DVD's.

#6 ·
The DVD unit in the Escalade, Yukon, Rendezvous, Trailblazer, and any other GM vehicle that uses this uint does not play DVD movies unfortunately. I have the unit and it will not play a dvd. My guess is that the software that is needed to play dvds was not programmed into the system.

:crying2:

#7 · (Edited)
the factory units are not compatible with playing movie based dvd's but you can insall a alpine single din or under the seat model and it will play through the factory nav tv I put the single dvd where my stock six disc cd player was and it works great.my vechile - 2004 escalade ext black with 22" diablo spinners,4 tv's stock in dash, 2-8" headrest moniters and one 15" in the bed installed in amp rack to show off my install.4 1000/1 jl audio amps, 1 300/4 jl audio amp, 2 bat caps,and 4 13w7 jl audio subs installed through the bed just removed the retaining lower back fold down wall vechile hits 161.4, and alpine single din dvd player in the factory 6 disc location ,mids and highs consists of 2 pair of jl audio 6.25 cxi split system .mids and highs will be upgraded soon to mb quarts jl just not doing it.also my alpine dvd plays when I drive for those others in the car.

#8 · (Edited)
I'm putting a pionner with NAV in my deville. My 04 Expedition came with a dual system that can play through speakers or via wireless headphones- has air conditioned seats as well- it's why I picked it over an Escalade. well, that and the push button rear fold down seats and that the middle seats fully recline. Better brakes then the escalade as well.

Here's the pioneer, it connects to as many as 4 remote units and you can plug other stuff into it:

http://www.avic-n1.com/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.