Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read a review on the STS and it contained the information, "The navigation system screen is mounted the top-center of the dashboard and tilts down to load the DVD. When the car's transmission is in Park, the DVD screen can be used to show movies." Is this true? Also, is this feature included in the CTS's Navigation system? And one more question (assuming the first two answers are "yes" of course...), is there any way to override the transmission safety feature to allow dvd movies to be played for the passengers on long road trips?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
I got a tip from a dealer today..the DVD should play when the PARKING BRAKE is on...so what you do to overide is just click the parking brake then put in drive..try that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
My dvd based nav system has never been able to play dvds, has anyone popped in a dvd and had it work? If so please explain exactly what you did!
Are you sure your nav system is DVD? The left side of the map slot should read "DVD" not "Compact Disk Storage Data"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ratso,

Not positive, but I seem to remember hearing something about GM switching from the CD format to the DVD format in the first couple months of the CTS release... I'm assuming if this is the case then all CTS's built say, after january (I'm throwing that out there) are DVD based. Oh well... I ordered mine and should have it within a couple weeks now, so I guess I'll find out soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
mine isnt a dvd its a regular data disk! Wtf? DO you think the dealer will switch it out for me?
If you have a non-bose system, I know of a DVD nav sytem you can swap out. Let me know!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I have a CTS with the DVD Nav system, and I'm having a problem with it - when I input or select a destination and hit the CALC button, the unit kind of freezes up - it shows the vehicle icon moving on the map, but it does not highlight any route or offer any verbal instructions or turn warnings. Also, it won't respond to any further navigation commands. I can switch to radio, CD, audio menus, but nothing happens when I hit NAV or go to the main menu and select Navigation. The only way to reset it is to eject the DVD and start over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
If you just have the standard radio system, is it possible to upgrade and have the DVD Nav-system installed? I've been thinking about waiting for 2004 just seeing how much more of a "WoW" factor the system gives to the car. Unfortunately, I want the 5-speed, and its nearly impossible to find one with the Nav-system in a 2003 model.... so either I'll have to wait for September and order a new one, or hopefully somebody can help me with some info about replacing the system in a 2003 with MT.... Thanks... :) hellp??!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
smcrae said:
I have a CTS with the DVD Nav system, and I'm having a problem with it - when I input or select a destination and hit the CALC button, the unit kind of freezes up - it shows the vehicle icon moving on the map, but it does not highlight any route or offer any verbal instructions or turn warnings. Also, it won't respond to any further navigation commands. I can switch to radio, CD, audio menus, but nothing happens when I hit NAV or go to the main menu and select Navigation. The only way to reset it is to eject the DVD and start over.

Sounds like a problem with the PCM module (Powertrain Control Module). I appears that it ia not setting the DTC. I hope you are still under warranty. They are not cheap to replace.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Tuan said:
If you just have the standard radio system, is it possible to upgrade and have the DVD Nav-system installed? I've been thinking about waiting for 2004 just seeing how much more of a "WoW" factor the system gives to the car. Unfortunately, I want the 5-speed, and its nearly impossible to find one with the Nav-system in a 2003 model.... so either I'll have to wait for September and order a new one, or hopefully somebody can help me with some info about replacing the system in a 2003 with MT.... Thanks... :) hellp??!!
Wait till the fall and order the better engine. It will "wow" you even more. To add a nav system can not be called a complete install. There will be features that just will not work, like traffic, voice command, or TV.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
ratso said:
Wait till the fall and order the better engine. It will "wow" you even more. To add a nav system can not be called a complete install. There will be features that just will not work, like traffic, voice command, or TV.
I want a stick... so I'd probably just get the 3.2L, but it's still plenty fast enough for me. Did you do the install yourself? That's pretty "gutsy."

Also does anyone know the difference between the UAV and U2K navigation systems in the 04 model? Apparently I'm guessing it has something to do with the XM radio... but UAV is optional with 1SA while U2K is only for cars with 1SC. Sorry about all those abbreviations. I think you guys know which packages I'm talking about... they're on gmfleet.com and kbb.com.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top