Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a DTS with teh old navigation (the one used in 2000-2001 model) and i hate it. Screen is too small, no volume control and stupid cadillac dosnt make updates for the navigation CD's! So i was wondering for the cadillacs with DVD nav...what exactly does the system consist of?? is it just the main screen that goes in the dash and a dvd drive that goes in the trunk? if i got all the parts for the 02-04 nav...could i jsut swap it out and it would work fine with my bose? i know the bose system is exactly the same in all the DTS' from 00-04. i want a bigger screen and i wanna play DVDs but i wanna keep my bose, so ive been contemplating swappin out the nav for the newer one and was wodnerign if it would work...does any one know if i got a Kenwood or Pioneer Flipscreen if i could use that with my bose system?

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt...no one in here owns a sts or dts with dvd navigation or knows what components the system consists of? and if it would be swappable and plug into my regualr connectors?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Caddy Man said:
I have a DTS with teh old navigation (the one used in 2000-2001 model) and i hate it. Screen is too small, no volume control and stupid cadillac dosnt make updates for the navigation CD's! So i was wondering for the cadillacs with DVD nav...what exactly does the system consist of?? is it just the main screen that goes in the dash and a dvd drive that goes in the trunk? if i got all the parts for the 02-04 nav...could i jsut swap it out and it would work fine with my bose? i know the bose system is exactly the same in all the DTS' from 00-04. i want a bigger screen and i wanna play DVDs but i wanna keep my bose, so ive been contemplating swappin out the nav for the newer one and was wodnerign if it would work...does any one know if i got a Kenwood or Pioneer Flipscreen if i could use that with my bose system?
Did you ever hear from anyone about this? I have a 2001 DHS with the same problem. However, I did acquire a DVD nav unit from a 2002 DHS but everyone (so far) has been telling me the units cannot just be swapped out.:banghead:

·
Registered
40 Posts
The Pioneer AVIC-N1 is a great system. I've thought about getting one for myself. As far as using it with the Bose system, they make a wiring harness to hook it into the factory amp and speakers. You will also need 2 PAC adaptors. 1 for the steering wheel controls and 1 for the chimes. I can help you get these if you'd like.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts