Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
05 cts-v
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead:My 05 CTSV stopped reading the Nav disk the other day. It worked fine, I went on vacation, came back and it wont read the disk now.

I can eject the disk, play a regular dvd, but still cannot read a map disk.

Its says " disk error "

Any Ideas? Im trying to sell this car, and this sould really suck if its broken.

·
Registered
05 cts-v
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have cleaned my disk and also run a dvd cleaner in the nav unit, and it still will not read the map dvd. Im not sure what to do. It plays dvd's without any problems, but the map dvd just says " disk error " Can heat ruin a nav dvd? Its been really hot here in Georgia.

Any other advice would help.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
Our infotainment setup in the V is finicky to say the least. Mine was replaced under warranty, and now sometimes it won't take certain cd's. If I try to play them it will spit them out....but if I load the CD and then change to another cd to play while the other one is loading, and then go back to it, it will play. Go figure. Just something I've gotten used to I guess. You'd think being on the second one of these it would work.

·
Registered
05 cts-v
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow.. Ok well I guess if it plays dvd's but not the map disk, I guess I need to find a new map disk? Any Ideas on where to find a new one other than OEM?

·
Registered
04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq
1,786 Posts
Wow.. Ok well I guess if it plays dvd's but not the map disk, I guess I need to find a new map disk? Any Ideas on where to find a new one other than OEM?
Or check out *************** for a "back up" copy of the latest disc.

·
Registered
Tis Gone :(
3,414 Posts
I have been getting "disk error" when I hit the nav button for the last couple weeks. If I eject and reinsert, wait a second and try again it seems to work, its just a royal PITA to do it everytime I want the nav on

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
22 Posts
Does anyone live in St. Louis, MO? I am having the same problems with my DVD nav disc and was wondering if I could try someone else's disc to see if it is indead the disc and not the unit. (I just bought the car 2 months ago and the navigation has never worked).

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V, 2010 CTS-V 6MT (Sold), 2007 CTS-V (Sold)
1,409 Posts
Alpinelx, I sold my V1 but still have a copy of the latest navteq 6.9 map dvd. It is yours if you want it. I work in downtown st. louis if you want to meet up sometime. Just PM me.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
22 Posts
Houdini,

That is very generous of you. For some reason, I can not find the PM button on your profile. Try to send me a PM otherwise I'll give you my e-mail address. I can meet you where ever you like. Thank you again and look forward to your PM.

-Steve

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
22 Posts
Houdini,

Ok,

Just found out I need at least 50 posts to be able to PM. Therefore I guess I'll post my e-mail:

I just set up a new email address for you to contact me. I just set it up, so it may take a few hours to work. I'll let you know on here when I can start receiving e-mails.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
22 Posts
Ok, I just tested that e-mail and it works! I look forward to your message Houndini, Thank you again for the offer. - Steve

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V, 2010 CTS-V 6MT (Sold), 2007 CTS-V (Sold)
1,409 Posts
Ok, I'm emailing you now so you might want to remove that email address from your post; othewise you'll get tons of spam.

·
Registered
2006 Infrared CTS-V
821 Posts
Alpinelx, if Houdini's disk does not work for you I could meet you some weekend or eveniing and let you try the 2 I have that work fine for me which are the original and the first free updated one. Also dont freek out if it shows you somewhere else like California, drive around and in a few miles it should correct itself. When I first put the updated one in, it showed me at LAX airport but within 2-3 miles is corrected it self and has been correct since.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
22 Posts
cvettr/cts-v,

Again, thanks everyone for your generosity. It looks like there is a few of us in the St. Louis area. Does anyone ever have meets?

·
Registered
2006 Infrared CTS-V
821 Posts
I've not heard of one in St. Louis but several have met elsewhere in the midwest. If you ever decide to put one together laet me know and I'll try to attend.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts