Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try putting .wav or .aiff files onto a DVD into their DVD player and get it working succesfully?

My buddy told me his brother got it to work on his nav system of his Mazda. Just wondering if it is possible at all? If so, that's 4.7 gigs worth of music to go through instead of changing 6 discs every week.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
It would work, but you can't control the DVD slot while the car is in motion, even with the "watch movies while moving" trick.

Get an iPod adapter like a lot of us did. Rip all your CDs onto your PC and copy them to your iPod- depending on the iPod you get, you could have 20 gigs of music to go through AND be able to control it while moving.

·
Registered
CTS-V
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would work, but you can't control the DVD slot while the car is in motion, even with the "watch movies while moving" trick.

Get an iPod adapter like a lot of us did. Rip all your CDs onto your PC and copy them to your iPod- depending on the iPod you get, you could have 20 gigs of music to go through AND be able to control it while moving.
Yeah I kind of thought it wouldn't work while driving.

I was trying to do it the easy way. I do have a 60gb Ipod, but don't want to take apart everything again to install a ipod adapter kit.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Bah, get the iConnect or Nucleus. I know the iConnect only requires removing the rear shelf (not the radio), and I think the Nucleus is the same (but not sure, as I have the iConnect).

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
The only bad thing about ipod is that it does not sound as good as cd audio. On my other car, I dont care because the of the sound system. But the bose system in the CTS is SO GOOD, I dont want to spoil it with compressed audio. I created some CD's from wma files on my computer, and the quality loss inherent in those files comes through on the bose system. Whereas true uncompressed compact disc audio is just phenomenal; crystal clear, full spectrum with no artifacts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts