Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to verifty our cars are dirty dirty from a roll......I dusted an 06/07 sti a little bit ago, Went from 50----I did a 4-2 downshift at 49!!!!! to about 80 and i instantly put a half car and then 2-3 shift put 2 cars on him!!! DUSTED. Ive seen those things run high/mid 12's at the track. Damn I wish we had all wheel drive....

Also put a car on a 03/04 cobra vert with a passenger from 40-65. i think the driver sucked tho, bc those should get us good I think

·
Registered
17 xt5 & Blk 05 cts-v
2,470 Posts
Those o4 corbras wont get us that good. Its always been a drivers race with the ones that have mods. Stock for stock with equal drivers ummm it would be close

·
Registered
17 xt5 & Blk 05 cts-v
2,470 Posts
true. ive race quite a few. from a dig in a straight they get me by 1/2 - 2 cars depending on their mods. But if there is some twisties i run them down. Most of them are only set up for the straights.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
So much misinformation here. First off props to 04CTSVFLA for the kill, just remember AWD vehicles from a roll is their biggest weak point but it's not your fault you exploited it :) as for a 03-04 Cobra versus a CTS-V stock for stock it would be a drivers race if the Cobra's drive wasn't that good. Guys consistently get mid and even low 12's bone stock out of a 03-04 Cobra. Now from a roll I'd like to see but I think the Cobra would still get you guys. The only problem now adays is finding a stock 03-04 Cobra

·
Registered
17 xt5 & Blk 05 cts-v
2,470 Posts
ive had plenty of stock cobras race me. i work at well known ford aftermarket performance shop in fl. i see them all the time. onnce the see my v in the lot i always get questions. after work they want to play. now i wll say that i do get a good bit of track time so im pretty fair with the pedals on a launch. your right they do run good #'s. but those are from peope that get a lot of track time. most get more power that they can handle.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
ive had plenty of stock cobras race me. i work at well known ford aftermarket performance shop in fl. i see them all the time. onnce the see my v in the lot i always get questions. after work they want to play. now i wll say that i do get a good bit of track time so im pretty fair with the pedals on a launch. your right they do run good #'s. but those are from peope that get a lot of track time. most get more power that they can handle.
At the race track you go too do you know what the altitude is there? Because another factor is the higher the altitude the worse it is for F/I cars. At Atco here in NJ it's like 200 ft above sea level

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
uhh miami.....moroso??? lol......from a roll the V is a high 12 second car all day.....from a stop its hard to do but can be done, ive heard seen a 12.9 timeslip from a stock V (i believe it had a wheel dop kit of some sort)

·
Registered
none :(
2,045 Posts
No such thing as running a 12 from a roll....Second measurments are done from a stop...I am not even going to have this discussion.

A Cobra is DEADLY from a roll. N/A my WS6 runs 12.42 at 114.02 MPH(2.1 60 foot). 12.20 at 118.27 mph on the 75 shot with. (2.2 60 foot) I will tell you what, once an 03/04 Cobra gets moving hold on and a stock Cobra will do a best of about 12.60 bone stock with a good driver. I believe the best recored thus far from a street tires bone stock 03/04 Cobra was done by Evan Smith of MM&FF he went 12.62 at 112.02 mph on the stock street tires. Even with the Juice I don't take them lightly.
When I had my 01 Z28 I was able to squeeze out a few 12.90s on the stock Goodyear RS-A's at 110 mph with nothing done to the car. Most Cobras run 12.70 to 13.20 at about 110.00 mph depending on driver and conditions. They were always able to run me down though.
Good Kill none the less.

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
uhh miami.....moroso??? lol......from a roll the V is a high 12 second car all day.....from a stop its hard to do but can be done, ive heard seen a 12.9 timeslip from a stock V (i believe it had a wheel dop kit of some sort)
Again......from a roll????

Stock, the V is a low to mid 13 second car all day, not a 12 second car all day. There is a huge difference between high 12's and mid 13's. HUGE difference.

Grats on smoking the STI, but beware the blown Cobras, they are lethal.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS V
118 Posts
I think what he mean't is that the V cannot launch well so it is limited to a low to mid 13 QM, but it is obvious that if the V could launch cleanly with no wheel hop it would be in the high 12's, most decent drivers here have posted 13.1, 13.2 even most of the magazines are in that range, and thats with a very crappy launch. On a roll the V can run with some pretty fast company considering the size and weight of the car, which speaks volumes on the LS engines in general. Keep in ind that after 80 or so mph weight is no longer as large a factor as aerodinamics and the V being fairly narrow for it's size cuts a pretty clean path.

·
Registered
17 xt5 & Blk 05 cts-v
2,470 Posts
ive been in a car on a track with Evan Smith and i got to say that he is better than 90% of the drivers out there. so i think its safe to say that most people are not doing his kind if times.

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
I think what he mean't is that the V cannot launch well so it is limited to a low to mid 13 QM, but it is obvious that if the V could launch cleanly with no wheel hop it would be in the high 12's, most decent drivers here have posted 13.1, 13.2 even most of the magazines are in that range, and thats with a very crappy launch. On a roll the V can run with some pretty fast company considering the size and weight of the car, which speaks volumes on the LS engines in general. Keep in ind that after 80 or so mph weight is no longer as large a factor as aerodinamics and the V being fairly narrow for it's size cuts a pretty clean path.
Hmm, I'd have to see those facts. Everything I have seen puts the CTS-V in a mid 13 second range and if you get a perfect launch low 13's. I highly doubt the car is doing low 13's with a crappy launch.

I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS V
118 Posts
If you have wheel hop it can't possibly launch perfectly, this condition doesn't allow a clean takeoff, so valuable tenths are obviously lost in a standing start.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts