Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
05' CTS-V
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought some of this stuff http://www.duplicolor.com/products/shield.html about 6-8mos ago from pep-boys, used it for the first time on the V a week or two ago and it worked pretty damn good and does exactly like it advertised.....now keep in mind they recommend you remove it after 3 days, which I did since thats how long the road trip was....west palm-tallahasee (FSU) one thing I will say though, LET IT DRY...it kinda streaked up the hood since I took off like 10 min after I applied it...but in my defence the can says 8-10 minutes and it's dry...ok on to the part you wanna know about.....last road trip It took me 30minutes to get the bugs off the front end with a 3500psi pressure cleaner...well, this time it took me >5 minutes...so it did it's job....it's no permanent clear bra...but, I don't take enough road trips to warrant a clear bra...besides the jerkoff that owned the car before me left bugs on the front end for a long while and well, you can only imagine...so the paints not perfect.....but all in all, the spray on bra works, so don't be afraid to use it on your precious V ;)

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Huh that's pretty cool, i didnt know they had something like that. Would be great for the next trip out to the track!

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Good to hear it. I've pondered getting the spray on bra from Griot's, but even though he says he tested it on his Porsche it scares the hell out of me.

Might be worth a look.

·
Registered
05' CTS-V
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^ it scared me too...but I realized it's just a damn car and If I have to get the bumper repainted due to a stupid mistake sobeit. My bumper looks like hell anyways, along with my mirrors...I guess that's why I didn't care....I'm more hesitant to try a new product on my $40,000 (reality 6k) camaro.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
819 Posts
I haven't tried this yet, but I heard that if you spray Pam cooking spray on the front end before a road trip it will keep the bugs from sticking. Anyone ever try this one?

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V, 2013 CTS-V
120 Posts
I haven't tried this yet, but I heard that if you spray Pam cooking spray on the front end before a road trip it will keep the bugs from sticking. Anyone ever try this one?
Had not heard that...but the roadkill will come off the grill easier!!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts