Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to paint the engine cover and not sure what spray i go with for plastic? It get pretty hot in there so dont want to use the wrong one. Can you help me out!! :confused:

·
Registered
2007 CTS
582 Posts
I did my calipers with a Dupli-Color black paint kit. They came out great. I only used the paint in the kit, no clear coat or anything. Until I got used to it I actually would bend down to touch the caliper to see if the paint was still there. It's so glossy that it picks up the reflection from my rims! No complaints at all.

·
Registered
Cadillac
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah that im going to do also. But i want to paint the engine cover the same color but im finding out that there are so many different kind of paint that they have and not sure what one is good for it. Its driving me nuts!

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
The plastic in the engine compartment will not get that hot. You can use whatever paint you want. Since it is plastic, be sure to use a plastic adhesion promoter first. Then spray with whatever paint you want. These pieces in my vette were sprayed with plastic adhesion promoter, primer, body color and then clear coat:

You can get paint to match any OEM paint color from www.automotivetouchup.com and others.

:cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts