Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
Joined
·
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered me some Dunlop M3s. Hopefully should be in in a few days. Hope they work well. Stock size. Comments from anyone who has them?

Ben
 

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V coupe
Joined
·
301 Posts
V Amazed said:
Just ordered me some Dunlop M3s. Hopefully should be in in a few days. Hope they work well. Stock size. Comments from anyone who has them?

Ben
Very good tires. Used them for about 3 months last year here in KC. Car was a tank in the snow. Still throw some weight in the trunk, though. Wish I'd known you wanted some. I would've sold you mine with about 90% of the tread for a very discounted price.

Mark
 

·
Registered
CTS-V
Joined
·
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
markbinkc said:
Very good tires. Used them for about 3 months last year here in KC. Car was a tank in the snow. Still throw some weight in the trunk, though. Wish I'd known you wanted some. I would've sold you mine with about 90% of the tread for a very discounted price.

Mark
Damn, wish I would've known. I go to school in Lawrence. You on the MO side or the Kansas side? Given the snow we just got, my car's been parked in the garage for a few days, but imma need to get around eventually. Did they handle this recent snow decently?

Ben
 

·
Registered
2008 BMW M3
Joined
·
253 Posts
benh said:
ordered them and getting them installed Monday also...
How much did you pay? I got the set of 4 for $1125.00 installed. That is WITHOUT road hazzard warranty. They are, however, storing my un-used tires in the warehouse year-round.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
I've had mine on four weeks...two snow storms...

Last year with the stock run flats, couldn't even get thru two inches of snow. Today's 4-6 inches is easy with the M3's. Evem the snow-plow-generated pile at the end of my drive is no problem.
Don't get me wrong, it is still pretty easy to "break them loose", but not at all like the stock tires. I am happy with them
 

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V coupe
Joined
·
301 Posts
V Amazed said:
Damn, wish I would've known. I go to school in Lawrence. You on the MO side or the Kansas side? Given the snow we just got, my car's been parked in the garage for a few days, but imma need to get around eventually. Did they handle this recent snow decently?

Ben
Actually, I don't have them on the car anymore, which is why I'm willing to sell them. Got me a winter Saturn Vue Redline AWD. Car's now back to get forged internals, a blower cam, and a stroker kit. Should be looking at 600RWHP, and that wouldn't jive with these winters. Oh, and I'm on the Missouri side. Lawrence is only 35min away. Could've brought them up to you and saved you about 6 or 7 bones.

Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Mark,

Not to thread hi-jaak..

I'm in Shawnee, Kansas and looking for a set of winters. Give me a call to chat.... 913-TWO-TWO-ZERO-8669.

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
I've had them on for about a month now and they are excellent in the snow you won't be sorry you bought them. I had the M2's on my previous 5 series and they too were great. I got the non runflats, though, and they ride a hell of a lot better than the stock F1's; I am considering non runflat summer tires when the stockers finally wear out. Just have to hope roadside assistance is in a good mood when I call.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Winter tires a must if you drive the V in winter months. I have a set of Wintersports and agree with waswas that they will provide traction in the snow. Just don't expect to keep up with the all wheel and 4-wheel drive vehicles on the road (although many of those folks can't drive regardless of their vehicle capabilities).

We just had 6 inches in Chicago, and I was able to get around fine. The back end will break loose fairly easily, so be careful and use a higher gear.
 

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
Joined
·
4,860 Posts
No hop with Wintersports? Mine still hop like mad; just not as severe - basically a smaller amplitude.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top