Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

This is a real dumb question, but I'm at work and can't really call my dealer and my half-read manual is at home.

Does the GPS Nav on a 2006 CTS take Voice Commands to the point that you can tell it an address?

When I picked up my car, my actual salesman was on holiday so a young guy closed out the deal. Unfortunately, as nice as he was, he wasn't very familiar with the GPS unit; in his defense he said the '06 CTS had a slightly different GPS than the '05 so he wasn't familiar with it. So the most I got was "How do I enter an address and go home."

He didn't even mention the voice-activated features for other things I found in my instruction manual.

Anyway, today a friend said he thought the '06 CTS Nav came with full voice; that I couldtell it to "take me home" or perhaps "say an address like 1-2-3 maaiin streeeet."

Is this true?

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
kanniballl said:
Hey,

This is a real dumb question, but I'm at work and can't really call my dealer and my half-read manual is at home.

Does the GPS Nav on a 2006 CTS take Voice Commands to the point that you can tell it an address?

When I picked up my car, my actual salesman was on holiday so a young guy closed out the deal. Unfortunately, as nice as he was, he wasn't very familiar with the GPS unit; in his defense he said the '06 CTS had a slightly different GPS than the '05 so he wasn't familiar with it. So the most I got was "How do I enter an address and go home."

He didn't even mention the voice-activated features for other things I found in my instruction manual.

Anyway, today a friend said he thought the '06 CTS Nav came with full voice; that I couldtell it to "take me home" or perhaps "say an address like 1-2-3 maaiin streeeet."

Is this true?
You cannot tell it an address to look up. But if you press the voice button, you can say ''what can I say'' and the car will tell you all the commands you can use. hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts