Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
It seems as though I recall it being in a grommet in the end of one of the valve covers.
Maybe towards the top of the valve cover.

Maybe I remember it being in the middle of the hose between the intake and the valve cover?

It is hard to say and we don't see many of them anymore.

·
Registered
93 Sedan Deville 4.9L
1,005 Posts
Its covered in gunk lol. Pop the hood and go to the drivers side, at the very front of the car you will see a silver pipe running horizontally, it is at the end of that, right at the bend. One end fits in the silver pipe and the other end is into the engine..

I replaced mine and was hard to find without knowing before hand since it had oily residue

·
Registered
76 Eldo (54k), 76 Eldo (52k), 78 Eldo (9k), 85 Deville (43k)
668 Posts
Yup, it's in the front valve cover facing the radiator (NOT the firewall). Remove the plastic beauty cover that's held on by a single screw and it's under there.

·
Registered
Cadillac
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help, as i guessed 14 yrs and 43k miles and it was never changed...i pulled out a nice dirty ROCHESTER PCV valve. i wouldve never of thought of pulling that cover off on top of the valve cover. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1993 Eldorado, 4.9L, 200k miles
273 Posts
Oops...my bad to send you to the wrong valve cover. Glad you found it and thanks to the others folks for correcting my error.

·
Registered
93 Sedan Deville 4.9L
1,005 Posts
thanks for the help, as i guessed 14 yrs and 43k miles and it was never changed...i pulled out a nice dirty ROCHESTER PCV valve. i wouldve never of thought of pulling that cover off on top of the valve cover. Thanks again!

hehe, I forgot you have to pull that cover off, My cover broke off years ago :bigroll:

Glad you found it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts