Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
'11 Little Red V wagon (& 2 Vettes)
253 Posts
My Corvette has the dual mode exhaust and I'm pretty fond of it. I wouldn't mind having this on the "V" either.

The Corvette has 2 exhaust pipes coming out of each muffler with a butterfly valve in one. When closed, the exhaust is routed through the baffles in the muffler thus quieting the exhaust. When open, the exhaust flows directly through the muffler past all the baffles and very little is quietened. The computer controls the opening of the valve at 3500 RPM via vacuum lines. It can be controlled manually by a few aftermarket kits like the "Mild-2-Wild" kit I have or just pull the fuse and it's loud all the time.

I have not seen the Camaro ZL1 installation but I assume it is similar to the system on the Corvette.

When Loud, my car has a resonance inside if the top and windows are up that is annoying. Top down, I'm always loud. Top up and it's in the computer control mode.

I wonder if the V sedan, coupe and/or wagon would have similar resonance issues if allowed to be loud all the time. I'll keep my stock exhaust for a while longer.

·
Registered
08 Vette - Looking at CTS-V Coupe
63 Posts
I have the M2W setup on my vette and it is usually open - the option for the exhaust is NPP and GM says it adds 6 HP and 4 TQ

·
Registered
CTS-V
213 Posts
Had it on my Vette too. Would like to see a similar option on the V, but would be tricky to implement with only one exhaust outlet on each side. We also have to realize that Cadillac sells luxury cars and if you want loud go with a Camaro. It freaks people out enough that I have a 6spd manual and a supercharged V8 in a Caddy.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V Manual
152 Posts
I had DMH low profile cut outs on my SRT-8 and I'd never do it again. Over time the valves loosen, leak and rattle. What a pain in the A$$.

·
Registered
V-Less
341 Posts
I have always liked this idea but wouldn't it potentiality effect performance negativity in that you would have two different back pressures for the ecu to adapt to?

·
Registered
'11 Little Red V wagon (& 2 Vettes)
253 Posts
I have always liked this idea but wouldn't it potentiality effect performance negativity in that you would have two different back pressures for the ecu to adapt to?
Doesn't seem to be a problem with the Vette as the dual-mode has been around since the introduction of the C6 ZO6.

·
Registered
2011 Thunder Gray CTS-V Coupe
527 Posts
There is a sedan on youtube with the 'mild-2-wild' kind of setup on it, sounds great, mean. I looked for it for a second but I couldn't find it again, perhaps someone else will have better luck than I.

·
Registered
V-Less
341 Posts
Doesn't seem to be a problem with the Vette as the dual-mode has been around since the introduction of the C6 ZO6.
Sounds like a lot more is going on than just opening and closing a baffle.

Exhaust Tail Pipe Flow Control System Description and Operation
The Exhaust Flow Control (EFC) System enhances engine performance. The system has 2 modes of operation:
• Normal
• Competition
Normal Mode
When the vehicle is stationary with the engine running the exhaust flow control module (EFCM) commands the vacuum solenoid On, which supplies engine vacuum to both exhaust flow control valves. This causes the valves to close, diverting exhaust flow through a baffled path inside the mufflers. As vehicle speed increases, throttle position reaches 25 percent or greater and engine speed reaches 3500 RPM, the EFCM commands the vacuum solenoid off. This causes the valves to open, diverting exhaust flow through an un-baffled path inside the mufflers, thus enhancing engine performance.
Competition Mode
When traction control is driver disabled, vehicle speed increases, throttle position reaches 25 percent or greater and engine speed reaches 3000 RPM, the EFCM commands the vacuum solenoid off. This causes the valves to open; diverting exhaust flow through an un-baffled path inside the mufflers more frequently and at lower engine speeds.
The system also delays exhaust valve activity during wide-open throttle acceleration to inhibit exhaust valve actuation when the accelerator pedal is released and reapplied while shifting gears.
The EFCM has the ability to detect electrical malfunctions within the system. Any electrical malfunction detected will cause the system to be disabled and increased exhaust audibility.
The system uses the engine control module (ECM), body control module (BCM), electronic brake control module (EBCM), EFCM, exhaust flow control valve vacuum solenoid, vacuum reservoir, vacuum lines, 2 exhaust flow control valves and the serial data circuit to perform the system functions.

·
Registered
2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
696 Posts
So torn. Install my DMH cutouts. Test pipes. Dump the B&B and get a Corsa. Have my shop fabricate dual mode mufflers into my V .

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Meisterschaft, count on it costing over $2K. Not positive on that but I know the retail will be sobering. I do miss that sound on my ZL1 though.

·
Registered
2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
696 Posts
From my inquiry re the coupe kit.....

On Nov 25, 2013, at 3:13 PM, "Rob \(GTHAUS\)" <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello Mr. Atwater

Thank you for your interest in our Meisterschaft Exhaust Unit for your Cadillac CTS V Coupe.
We are anticipating the release date for our Meisterschaft Exhaust Unit for the Cadillac CTS V Coupe around mid Spring 2014.
Please stay tune. I will keep you posted.

Thank you very much for your business and if you need any further assistance,
please feel free to contact me directly at anytime, I will certainly will take care of your needs.

Best regards,

Robert Roque (Manager - SALES)
351 Country Club Dr. Bensenville IL. 60106
Tel : 630.787.1600 ext 8612 Fax : 630.787.1603

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts