Cadillac Owners Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Banned
1993 Triple Black Allante
701 Posts
I recently put Borlas on my Caddy, and it sounds great. I removed the Cat and I will most likely put it back after jadcock and I go to Thunder Valley this spring. I want to run it like it is now just once. It is a bit loud, but I like it that way. I hope to mellow it just a bit after the drags. I was kinda wanting to get an exotic sound out of it like Sterling Marlin had on his Nascar a few years back at Daytona. A resonator may help, but I guess I will have to experiment with it a bit to get it right.

The Allante did not come with dual exhaust, so I thought I would be one of the first to try it. I had to install a cut out in the rear bumper to match to single on the right side, and then remove the original single muffler and replace with two Borlas. I'm a happy camper, and it runs like a scalded dog. The Borlas were fairly inexpensive, and cheap to install. It sure beat the price of the Corsa exhaust system. They had nothing for the Allante, but for about $1,200.00 you can get them for your STS and SLS. Why spend the big bucks when you can do it for a fraction of the price and get the same results.

· Registered
2,235 Posts
I kind of like the silent but deadly approach....I'm rollin' along in my quiet Cadillac and then "BAM" off I go racing someone who can't believe he just got his ass kicked by a car he can't even hear! Plus....I just like the quiet inside my Caddy. I do have a complete Flowmaster system on the Mercedes and it sounds mean! ( A lot meaner than it really is!)

· Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,657 Posts
I like the stock setup on my Q. Super quiet, but when you get past 5000 RPMs it roars!

· Registered
6,482 Posts
kempie said:
Again I ask...What series of flowmaster are you all using?
Thanks, Bill
I wish I could tell you Bill. The fact is, I had my freind install it in his custom exhaust shop. He called it a "3-chamber" design that keeps the car fairly quiet at low flow rates but then it opens up under full-throttle and she screams. I'll give him a call and see if he remembers which exact series it was.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.