Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Coupe Deville, 1995 FWB & 6 Other Non-Cadillacs.
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 96 Caprice 9C1 Crossmember so I could run duals on my 425. Just wondering if anyone who has done this knows of anything else I need before I start welding hangers on the body.

·
Registered
95 FWB 81SDV 96 FWB 94 Fleetwood
1,532 Posts
I have a 81 deville and thats the same frame.. I got a crossmember off a 94-96 fleetwood or fleetwood brougham, same thing those years.. All I had to do was drill 2 holes on the passanges side of the frame.. I think the crossmember you got is the same thing....I used stock hangers at the mufflers and tailpipe.. there were bolt holes on both sides for them..

·
Registered
1979 Coupe Deville, 1995 FWB & 6 Other Non-Cadillacs.
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 81 deville and thats the same frame.. I got a crossmember off a 94-96 fleetwood or fleetwood brougham, same thing those years.. All I had to do was drill 2 holes on the passanges side of the frame.. I think the crossmember you got is the same thing....I used stock hangers at the mufflers and tailpipe.. there were bolt holes on both sides for them..
Thank You...That was the answer I was looking for. How do you like the setup?

·
Registered
95 FWB 81SDV 96 FWB 94 Fleetwood
1,532 Posts
I love my set-up now ... But I am a old man ...and with 2 mufflers on each side , one muffler and one as a resonator , it was too loud... so I ended up putting a third small muffer where a cat would be... now its ok... thats 6 mufflers...

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
So, that's just like a cat-back and not true duals, right?

Is there really a power increase just from doing that?

I've been thinking about doing it too, but I'm wondering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts