Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac deVille sedan HT-68
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any problems to build a 2,5" dual exhaust system on a DeVille -68? It seemed to be tight at trannys crossmember and between frame and gastank. Where should the H-pipe be positioned? Is it enough with one muffler at each side?
Thankful for help.

/Peter

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/690250

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Are you going to build it yourself? Do you not have exhaust shops in Sweeden? 'Cause I'd just take it to an exhaust shop and say "make this exhaust system..."

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I'm going to build it by my self, is it so tight at the crossmember and tank? Do you have 2,5"? H-pipe?
And we have exhaust shop's here to :duck: but it'll cost me 800$ for a dual 2,5" with two mufflers...

·
Registered
1976 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance, 1990 Allante
190 Posts
I'm not sure how similar the two undercarriages are, but in my Fleetwood the H pipe is right at the back of the transmission. It is curved slightly towards the front of the car.

My mufflers are positioned in front of the gas tank. There is one on the outer edge of the undercarriage on each side.

I can try and get a diagram for you if you want.

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
I had dual, both mufflers just in front of the rear axle. Didn't have an H pipe though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank's, do you have the aftermarket tranny crossmember I read about today? With extra space at the right side?

·
Registered
1976 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance, 1990 Allante
190 Posts
To be honest, I don't know. The car came with the exhaust it has, so I don't know what all went into it. I doubt it though - the exhaust components are the only things on the undercarriage that look new. I'll try and get a diagram of it up tonight.

Did they use the TH400 in 1968?

- Joe

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
I didn't, and really had no problems. The only time it scraped, was when I pulled into my driveway at an odd angle at speed. Even then, it was just a light scrape.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts