Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
dts
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All!
The DTS would't crank even after a new battery so I put an overnight charge on it and voila it cranked. My son drove it for a week then it left him stranded again wouldn't crank! We took the new battery to O'riley and they diagnosed it was bad and they replaced it but it still won't crank! Anybody got any ideas? Thanks and be well, all! : )

·
Registered
DTS Luxury III
61 Posts
I had this same problem withing the last 4 months! It died on me several times, and even when I replaced the battery it quit cranking. Took it to the dealership on a AAA flatbed because the car wouldn't do anything with the key in!! All of a sudden it worked for the dealership and I drove it home the next day it did it again!! Long story short the last and final time it died it never did start again while the Cadillac dealership was checking it out, the fuse box (which is under the rear seat) fried completely!! My advice to you from my personal experience with this is get a Cadillac dealership for check the fuse boxes!! Hope all is well, and hopefully this might help you out!!

·
Registered
2006 DTS
366 Posts
It is very difficult to pinpoint/diagnose/recommend the problem/solution over the internet as there could be thousands of mechanical/electrical areas of concern, especially for the latest design luxury vehicles.

My advice: Get it towed to the Cadillac dealership or your local auto shop.

12,778 Posts
Hey All!
The DTS would't crank even after a new battery so I put an overnight charge on it and voila it cranked. My son drove it for a week then it left him stranded again wouldn't crank! We took the new battery to O'riley and they diagnosed it was bad and they replaced it but it still won't crank! Anybody got any ideas? Thanks and be well, all! : )
Good Evening sealesurf,

I am sorry to hear that your son is experiencing this concern with his DTS. In addition, we most certainly want you to rest assured that the vehicle is operating as expected for him. Feel free to send us a PM with your full name, VIN, mileage, phone number, and the name of your preferred dealership so that I may look into this for you. Have a wonderful night and I hope to hear from you soon.

All the best,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
97sls,09dts
880 Posts
I assume this is a 2006 or newer dts. remove the back seat and check the battery ground strap at the floor pan for corrosion and fit, remove bolt and check for good metal to metal contact while in there check all wires for integrity check the battery drain/vent. Using a cheap vom or dimm ck voltage at battery with key off key on (12.5v) and running (13.5 to 14v). Harbor freight has a current draw meter for around 20 bucks that can be used to check the starter draw. Google current draw test for more information. This should be a good start. Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts