Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Also, how is the rest of your suspension? I just installed new control arms, ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, sway bar bushings the day before I put the new wheels and tires. My car has about 96k on it I paid 120 shipped for the whole front suspension. I figured with new wheels and tires for the car I might as well do the suspension and it's really easy to swap just know you will need an alignment after. Vogues aren't cheap but I did get them price matched for 296 each. Discount Tire price matched the Vogues from Walmart and they did the same with the wheels by price matching Carid.
Also your so right people don’t know discount tire price matches like that, and let me tell you. I had them give me a sale where we just rounded the number after a price match too. They price matched some tire for my Alpina, and then I asked them if they could help me out and make the bill from like $1270.00 to $1200.00 otd shipped and landed. And the guy went and did it. I was very surprised but yeah they got it done. So I definitely tell people to negotiate the final sale with them, and more than likely they work it with you.

·
Registered
1968 Deville convertible
115 Posts
117 and shipping is free. with tax it came to 123.45 sorry I said 120. It's all made in China so I don't care what name is slapped on it. I also bought new cross-drilled rotors and pads for 139 shipped and I have had no issues I have a few thousand miles on them. Here are the links. It was an easy install the only thing I did not have was an inner tie rod tool but I rented that at Oreilys

suspension Front Lower Control Arms Sway Bars Tie Rod Links Part Fits 06-2011 Buick Lucerne | eBay

pads and rotors 2006 -2008 2009 2010 2011 DTS Lucerne Front Rear DRILL Brake Rotor + Ceramic Pad | eBay

·
Registered
2011 dts premium
235 Posts
Aw man everyone though knows that vogues just ride ruff as it is no matter what size you got. There’s just no tire that looks better. Hands done best looking tire ever. But the main concern that Chicago1 answered was that I can get my 20” wheels with still a vogue look and no rubbing and good clearance. The measurements he gave me was a pretty solid on tire and wheel being pretty equivalent and close as I’m going to get with what’s comparable to when I had the factory with the vogues. And it will still give a similar ride now with the 20’s and the vogues. Regardless I appreciate the research he did and it’s working on his vehicle tight now which definitely helps me verify that it’s going to do what it looking for.
I never seen a Cadillac on 20" or 22" and Vogues. Always seen Vogue is stock rims but that does not mean it can't be done, and yes Vogue do look good on Cadillacs!

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 dts premium
235 Posts
It’s a 2009 Dts platinum with 65,000 miles on it. I know this model was a performance DTS before they did the platinum edition to it. Don’t know if that makes a difference on suspension. But where you saying you paid $120 shipped for the front suspension parts? I wouldn’t mind switching out the parts if that’s all it is, sounds cheap I think I might be misunderstanding
I give him two (2) year's at most and he will be have a replaced one of those parts. You can not skimp on Cadillac parts, no after-market or rebuilt. I got 143k on my 2011 and so far I have not have to replace any suspension parts and as far as me and mechanic can tell no suspension parts have been replaced. I am starting to get a slight pop when I make a hard turn took it in to Firestone and that when I had a chance to get a good look. Mechanic says hub assembly but with the high mileage CV axle would also be going bad. So the stock Cadillac CV axle lasted 143k miles, so if I replace them with AC/Delco or whatever the dealer is selling, I won't have to do it again.

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
1,046 Posts
I found my 18" vogues on amazon for $202 each but the price jumps when getting into 20" and up

·
Registered
1968 Deville convertible
115 Posts
I give him two (2) year's at most and he will be have a replaced one of those parts. You can not skimp on Cadillac parts, no after-market or rebuilt. I got 143k on my 2011 and so far I have not have to replace any suspension parts and as far as me and mechanic can tell no suspension parts have been replaced. I am starting to get a slight pop when I make a hard turn took it in to Firestone and that when I had a chance to get a good look. Mechanic says hub assembly but with the high mileage CV axle would also be going bad. So the stock Cadillac CV axle lasted 143k miles, so if I replace them with AC/Delco or whatever the dealer is selling, I won't have to do it again.

I been buying cheap parts for my cars for years and they carry the same if not better warranty then the so-called oem stuff. Little do people know most of the stuff is all made in the same place with different labels slapped on. It amazes me people don't take the time to look this up. Just like when I called out a couple of companies saying they make their parts in house or source them locally then I showed them where they get their parts from exactly and they just slap their name on it. They weren't happy and threatened to sue but what can they really do when the proof was there. I work on my cars and if something breaks I take it back under warranty so far so good. Just like people covering up their license plate so others don't see it online even though thousands who see it everyday live closer. It gives them a false sense of security but If it makes them feel better even though me and the rest of the world think its silly then go for it. Same with overpaying for parts if you feel better to pay more for the same exact piece down to the metal and even the resistor then, by all means, go for it.

·
Registered
1995 DeVille
1 Posts
Good morning - Your wheel questions have been merged here from a couple of incorrect forums or dead threads. Maybe you'll get better coverage in your DTS forum. Welcome Aboard !!! Sub.
You can go up to a 22" wheel and 235/30/22, but I don't suggest it. The tire sidewall is extremely small and the car is heavy. Plus, as the sidewall gets smaller the white wall and gold or red stripe on the vogues get hard to see. 20" w a 255/30/20 is better. A17 or 18" gives the best ride and best look

Thanks I was hoping it would send an email or something by chance. Maybe I would get lucky or someone else that new by chance. Thank you for reaching out & I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
117 and shipping is free. with tax it came to 123.45 sorry I said 120. It's all made in China so I don't care what name is slapped on it. I also bought new cross-drilled rotors and pads for 139 shipped and I have had no issues I have a few thousand miles on them. Here are the links. It was an easy install the only thing I did not have was an inner tie rod tool but I rented that at Oreilys

suspension Front Lower Control Arms Sway Bars Tie Rod Links Part Fits 06-2011 Buick Lucerne | eBay

pads and rotors 2006 -2008 2009 2010 2011 DTS Lucerne Front Rear DRILL Brake Rotor + Ceramic Pad | eBay
Hey Chicago the suspension link you put was of course for the Buick, but the question I have is they had a Cadillac DTS listing, I know this link was for the Buick that you posted, just want to make sure what the reason was that you didn’t go with the listing that said DTS suspension front parts or if you notice why they have the 2 listing options? Thanks again my friend, look forward to learning some more.

·
Registered
1968 Deville convertible
115 Posts
If you scroll down to the options list it shows for a DTS. That's the same exact kit and vendor I ordered from. You can see where it says "buy another" You can email the seller just for peace of mind but that's the one I have my man. I think I mentioned it but the only thing you may need is to rent an inner tie rod tool from Autozone and you will ned to do an alignment after. The rest are just regular tools if you have some. Very easy job to do

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
If you scroll down to the options list it shows for a DTS. That's the same exact kit and vendor I ordered from. You can see where it says "buy another" You can email the seller just for peace of mind but that's the one I have my man. I think I mentioned it but the only thing you may need is to rent an inner tie rod tool from Autozone and you will ned to do an alignment after. The rest are just regular tools if you have some. Very easy job to do

View attachment 577075 View attachment 577076
Chicago what do you think of there struts, since everything’s going to be a part I figured I was going to just put new ones i it. The passenger side needed to be replaced anyways when I bought the car recently. It had a bad one in it. But do you feel that Detroit brand will work just as good. Wanted to see what you suggest cause you’ve used the product and I trust your judgment. That brand has a strut set, you think they be as good for replacement to new ones.

* update, these struts say without magnetic ride sensor. Now I do have magnetic ride control. This is the strut replacement but just says without mag ride sensor. Is that just a sensor in the car and these struts would work and I just have to swap the sensor that’s on my old ones. Do you have any knowledge of this?

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
1,046 Posts
As long as your expectation is they might last a year or less and you will have to replace them again. These cheap chinese knockoff struts are cheap but quality and materials are not the same as a oem or higher priced strut. Also you if will have to fool the ecm into thinking the oem struts are still there with a resistor. There is a write up about what you need to get.

·
Registered
1968 Deville convertible
115 Posts
Chicago what do you think of there struts, since everything’s going to be a part I figured I was going to just put new ones i it. The passenger side needed to be replaced anyways when I bought the car recently. It had a bad one in it. But do you feel that Detroit brand will work just as good. Wanted to see what you suggest cause you’ve used the product and I trust your judgment. That brand has a strut set, you think they be as good for replacement to new ones.
View attachment 577478
* update, these struts say without magnetic ride sensor. Now I do have magnetic ride control. This is the strut replacement but just says without mag ride sensor. Is that just a sensor in the car and these struts would work and I just have to swap the sensor that’s on my old ones. Do you have any knowledge of this?

All the stuff I have had from Detroit Axle has been solid. I even called them up and their customer service was great. I have had no issues with any of my components and there warranty is sweet. Those sturts have a 10-year warranty and I would not hesitate to run them. A strut assembly is not hard to mess up ut I would try to find out the spring rate of them vs what the OEM are that was you know you are still getting a nice ride. THAT would be my only concern not quality since they been around for over 30 years. I would not hesitate to run them. It would take me a while but I could always dig and see where they get them from but probably my guess is the same place that GM gets them from but hikes up the price. Like I said it's a strut and spring not much to it. You would have to see what suspension you have because if you have the electronic ones then you will have to pony up.

I understand some folks are dead set on "name brand" but after a while, you see they are all made in the same place or the quality is the same. I just bought an expensive Milwuake Fuel tool and that lasted 6 months and it took a crap on me last week, Now I have to see how the warranty will work on this expensive ass "name brand". I went back to my Harbor Freight stuff which has been working for decades. Name brand stuff not so much, besides it's all made in China or parts come from China so what's the difference? Even if you had to swap them out in a year or 3 it's easy and you have a 10 year warranty. That's a no brainer to me

Here is how to tell what suspension you have.

Like I said before do your research buy what YOU want to not because you heard it from some dude on the internet then base the decision of your findings you worked hard for your money spend it how you want. I'm smart with my money which affords me lots of other things and I am not a rich man. I just know when to and when not to but cheap stuff. My car has 96k. When I feel it's time to change out the front I will be going with those Detroit Axles as long as I know the spring rate is the same. Good luck

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
All the stuff I have had from Detroit Axle has been solid. I even called them up and their customer service was great. I have had no issues with any of my components and there warranty is sweet. Those sturts have a 10-year warranty and I would not hesitate to run them. A strut assembly is not hard to mess up ut I would try to find out the spring rate of them vs what the OEM are that was you know you are still getting a nice ride. THAT would be my only concern not quality since they been around for over 30 years. I would not hesitate to run them. It would take me a while but I could always dig and see where they get them from but probably my guess is the same place that GM gets them from but hikes up the price. Like I said it's a strut and spring not much to it. You would have to see what suspension you have because if you have the electronic ones then you will have to pony up.

I understand some folks are dead set on "name brand" but after a while, you see they are all made in the same place or the quality is the same. I just bought an expensive Milwuake Fuel tool and that lasted 6 months and it took a crap on me last week, Now I have to see how the warranty will work on this expensive ass "name brand". I went back to my Harbor Freight stuff which has been working for decades. Name brand stuff not so much, besides it's all made in China or parts come from China so what's the difference? Even if you had to swap them out in a year or 3 it's easy and you have a 10 year warranty. That's a no brainer to me

Here is how to tell what suspension you have.

Like I said before do your research buy what YOU want to not because you heard it from some dude on the internet then base the decision of your findings you worked hard for your money spend it how you want. I'm smart with my money which affords me lots of other things and I am not a rich man. I just know when to and when not to but cheap stuff. My car has 96k. When I feel it's time to change out the front I will be going with those Detroit Axles as long as I know the spring rate is the same. Good luck
Thanks man I appreciate the help a lot. This is the first time I’ve used a forum and you guys have been great and truly a wealth of knowledge of opinions and info from people like yourself Chicago1 that use the stuff on a daily. That’s the info people never get to see; which is the user side. I’m really grateful. I found out that the platinum DTS that I have has the magnetic ride control and I actually got ahold of Detroit axle today too and yeah they let me know that they don’t have a strut kit for that vehicle with the magnetic ride control and don’t have a replacement for it unfortunately. So back to the rip off crew the OEM dealer to get the part numbers and start the search. Apparently front shocks alone are $966.37 each. They’re insane! Did the research and incase anyone has the magnetic ride control. You can get the Arnott Air Suspension Shock /strut. This will replace your electronic shock system and change it into a passive shock system. Bolts right in and plug and play on the sensors and that takes care of your check suspension lights and warning lights and replaces each shock in front for about $190 each and ride is pretty much the same just won’t have really computer monitoring the ride adjustments and it will be giving you a manual shock riding system meaning it just will do what it do if you know what I mean. Now If you want the true magnetic ride adjustment on the magnetic ride control shock/strut like OEM replacement the cheapest is the A/C Delco #505-555 @ $322.13 each & over the $966.37 each from OEM GM#19300024. The A/C Delco is the closest and cheapest your gonna get everyone if your looking to replace the magnetic ride control fronts with still keeping the plug and play electronic computer monitoring on the suspension. Definitely like the front suspension kit though Chicago1 from Detroit axle and wish they had the strut I needed but they’ll have everything else so that’s great anyways. I appreciate everyone’s info and input on everything. Really sent me into the right direction.
~Tampa J

21 - 34 of 34 Posts