Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
DTS, SRX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2006 DTS and I needed to replace the Sunroof. I bought one that came out of 2009. The sunroof
fit well and the plug/wiring seemed to be fined but roof will not function and I know the 2009 roof worked fine.
Apparently they changed the supplier of the roof so 2006-2008 had one model of sunroof and 2009-2011 and different
model. Does anyone know what can be done to make the 2009 roof operate in the 2006 DTS?

·
Registered
2015 Mazda3 S GT Hatchback 2013 Kia Optima SXL
2,817 Posts
Why did you have to replace the original sunroof? Have you checked the switch?

Don

·
Registered
DTS, SRX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The old roof worked, just very poorly, the track was messed up...you could hear the motor running though so I do not believe the switch is a factor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My sunroof is done as well in my Dts 2010i think it’s one of my brackets because it’s doesnt lift up on one side to open. Haven’t taken to the shop yet but unless I hit Lotto I’m ok... might be trading in soon lord willing . Don’t wanna put that type of money into it

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
949 Posts
My sunroof is done as well in my Dts 2010i think it’s one of my brackets because it’s doesnt lift up on one side to open. Haven’t taken to the shop yet but unless I hit Lotto I’m ok... might be trading in soon lord willing . Don’t wanna put that type of money into it
Over time the screws loosen up check and see if a screw fell out and is in the track.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,125 Posts
Yep - check the four side rail bolts (# 2) that adjust/retain the glass. Those 4 bolts work loose over time, the glass shifts position and jams the slider.

The glass should be level with the roofline in front, level to +0.5mm at the rear.

Sunroof exploded.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts