Registered
Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '71 Eldo Conv
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
Here is an article about the "replacement," or next generation, for the DTS model due 12-2011:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/02/report-cadillac-dts-to-be-replaced-by-xts-which-will-be-built/

If this article is accurate, there likely will be preview information coming out soon! I hope Cadillac doesn't abandon the DTS' loyal customer base--and makes the styling outstanding!

I hope the same thing, because if they build it the size of a Regel...I won't be buying one.

I will be getting another one..probably in the fall of 2010 or 2011.
If the Cadillac is still a BIG CAR...thats what I will get.
If they downsize it...may as well get a Buick or a Chevy and save a lot of money.

Jim

·
Registered
2001 DeVille(totalled):2007 DTS White Lightning Performance
121 Posts
have you seen the new2010 Lacross buick... looks like a slimed down LS460 but i like it... reminds me of the new Jag xjf

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
The XTS will be built on the same platform as the 2010 LaCrosse. (I believe it is called the Regal in Canada.) I hope Cadillac offers a bench seat version for those DTS owners that like that configuration. The LaCrosse does not offer a front bench.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
^^^^ what southsider said.

Heres hoping they will at least stretch the chassis a bit...so you can still call it a Cadillac without being embarrassed by it.

Texas Jim

·
Registered
2008 DTS Perf-Plat, fr 11 STS, 04 DeV, 76 Eldo Con, 74 Fltwd
436 Posts
The Lacrosse has very poor headroom and trunkspace, comparable to a CTS but wider and with more legroom, yet it's taller, longer, and wider than a Malibu or CTS on the outside.
There would be no point in Cadillac building a Lacrosse-sized car, they'll have to go up a size, in height and caboose at least.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts