Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 DTS Premium w/1SD | 1999 Deville Base (RIP @179K Miles)
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching a video of a 2007 DTS online. When the car starts up and the light switch is in auto, the small filaments of the Turn signal bulbs go on.

I have a 2011 DTS, and I have never seen the small filaments turn on. Do the newer models not have this feature?

·
2011 DTS
41 Posts
I'm not a genius but I had my left headlight assembly changed and all bulbs was good but the small bulb was blown, maybe your problem

·
Registered
2011 DTS Premium w/1SD | 1999 Deville Base (RIP @179K Miles)
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not a genius but I had my left headlight assembly changed and all bulbs was good but the small bulb was blown, maybe your problem
Im not talking about the Peanut 168 parking light bulbs in the headlamp. Both of those work on my car. I mean the smaller filament in the turn signal.

I've taken a peek at the wiring of the headlight, But I can't see how that part of the bulb can be switched on.

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
1,076 Posts
I was watching a video of a 2007 DTS online. When the car starts up and the light switch is in auto, the small filaments of the Turn signal bulbs go on.

I have a 2011 DTS, and I have never seen the small filaments turn on. Do the newer models not have this feature?
After 07 the drls only come on when in drive. That is because the headlight housing melted from the heat of the bulb on all the time.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Premium
80 Posts
Im not talking about the Peanut 168 parking light bulbs in the headlamp. Both of those work on my car. I mean the smaller filament in the turn signal.

I've taken a peek at the wiring of the headlight, But I can't see how that part of the bulb can be switched on.
The DTS does not illuminate the dim filament of the 3157 under any circumstance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts