Cadillac Owners Forum banner

821 - 840 of 844 Posts

·
Registered
DTS '06 Lux II + Sunroof
21 Posts
Awesome. Good to know if I need to change mine in the future. Thanks
It mixed up the numbers, it's 53400 & 53402.
54384 is the part number for the resonator which I did not need because the OEM is still in good shape.

Regards.

·
Registered
2006 DTS
9 Posts
LOL I treat her similarly to my little girl.. VERY CAREFULLY and spoiled

·
1993 Deville 4.9
21 Posts
I paid $1,000 dollars for my previous Cadillac, a 2002 DTS with 128,000 miles.

The only thing that was wrong with it was that it was in need of a major detail.. Luckily that’s what I specialize in, so I was able to restore the paint from this..

To this

1 yr. ago last month I was T Boned by a drunk driver and this is what my Cadillac looked like moments after the crash... You can see me still inside the car as the firefighters arrived to help get me out.

I got hit by a Kia Optima at full speed [45 mph] then went straight into a light pole backwards.

This is what the interior wound up looking like. This is untouched as it was from the crash...

Believe it or not, I was able to crawl out of the passenger door of the car without a scratch on my face, I had a couple of broken ribs, but I honestly felt good enough to walk away...

Luckily I let the ambulance take me to the hospital where just over a day later they performed emergency surgery due to my internal injuries. They had to remove my appendix & spleen, along with part of my liver.

Something went wrong during surgery and I nearly died... I wound up in a coma for 12 days, and spent over a month in the hospital. Right about this exact date last year I was released from the hospital and I thank God and also the doctors for me being able to make a full recovery.

I’m also thankful I was in a Cadillac, because I don’t think I would’ve fared as well in something like a Toyota Prius. Lol.
HOLLY SHIT 😱
is it me or I don’t see the air bags deployed ?
You certainly are a lucky guy .

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
802 Posts
HOLLY SHIT
is it me or I don’t see the air bags deployed ?
You certainly are a lucky guy .
The side impact airbag was the only 1 that deployed. It actually made sense since there was no impact from the front.

It can be seen in this pic.

But I agree, you’d figure the steering wheel airbag would deploy in such a collision.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,775 Posts
I paid $1,000 dollars for my previous Cadillac, a 2002 DTS with 128,000 miles.

The only thing that was wrong with it was that it was in need of a major detail.. Luckily that’s what I specialize in, so I was able to restore the paint from this..

To this

1 yr. ago last month I was T Boned by a drunk driver and this is what my Cadillac looked like moments after the crash... You can see me still inside the car as the firefighters arrived to help get me out.

I got hit by a Kia Optima at full speed [45 mph] then went straight into a light pole backwards.

This is what the interior wound up looking like. This is untouched as it was from the crash...

Believe it or not, I was able to crawl out of the passenger door of the car without a scratch on my face, I had a couple of broken ribs, but I honestly felt good enough to walk away...

Luckily I let the ambulance take me to the hospital where just over a day later they performed emergency surgery due to my internal injuries. They had to remove my appendix & spleen, along with part of my liver.

Something went wrong during surgery and I nearly died... I wound up in a coma for 12 days, and spent over a month in the hospital. Right about this exact date last year I was released from the hospital and I thank God and also the doctors for me being able to make a full recovery.

I’m also thankful I was in a Cadillac, because I don’t think I would’ve fared as well in something like a Toyota Prius. Lol.
Holy Geez Eldo. You are lucky to have survived with that amount of damage...even in a Cadillac. How did you get the photo of the firefighters trying to get you out? Sucks that something went wrong in the operating room and having almost bought it...I know what that's like. Glad all is well with you.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
802 Posts
Holy Geez Eldo. You are lucky to have survived with that amount of damage...even in a Cadillac. How did you get the photo of the firefighters trying to get you out? Sucks that something went wrong in the operating room and having almost bought it...I know what that's like. Glad all is well with you.
That photo was taken by an employee at the liquor store that was located on the corner right where the crash took place. That same guy also provided my brother with live security camera footage of the crash in real time.

There’s also a youtube video of the crash scene just minutes after it happened. If anyone’s interested in checking out the YT video I can post the link.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
802 Posts
Funny thing is when I woke up from the coma I was completely unaware of alot of things including the fact that I was even in a coma for 2 weeks. [I don’t know if they didn’t tell me or if I was so out of it that I didn’t remember them mentioning it]

Another thing I apparently wasn’t aware of was the exact condition of my car.. I was having vivid dreams/hallucinations where I could’ve sworn I had seen my car and it was in fairly decent shape and I was excited and looking forward to getting out and fixing and driving my car once again...

I guess my little brother had enough me talking about that and finally broke the news to me and said “dude your car is Totalled. And I mean it’s completely gone”
I said “no freaking way, I don’t believe you. I just saw my car a few hours ago”!

He said “I’ve got pictures of your car”
I asked to see the pictures... That’s when I 1st saw that picture with the firefighters and I was blown away because I had no memory of that happening..

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,775 Posts
There’s also a youtube video of the crash scene just minutes after it happened. If anyone’s interested in checking out the YT video I can post the link.
Yes, please do...that was one heck of an accident to survive.

821 - 840 of 844 Posts