Cadillac Owners Forum banner

801 - 820 of 829 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
722 Posts
$2000 for a 2007 with 116000 miles is a great deal. Great color
I paid $1,000 dollars for my previous Cadillac, a 2002 DTS with 128,000 miles.

The only thing that was wrong with it was that it was in need of a major detail.. Luckily that’s what I specialize in, so I was able to restore the paint from this..

To this

1 yr. ago last month I was T Boned by a drunk driver and this is what my Cadillac looked like moments after the crash... You can see me still inside the car as the firefighters arrived to help get me out.

I got hit by a Kia Optima at full speed [45 mph] then went straight into a light pole backwards.

This is what the interior wound up looking like. This is untouched as it was from the crash...

Believe it or not, I was able to crawl out of the passenger door of the car without a scratch on my face, I had a couple of broken ribs, but I honestly felt good enough to walk away...

Luckily I let the ambulance take me to the hospital where just over a day later they performed emergency surgery due to my internal injuries. They had to remove my appendix & spleen, along with part of my liver.

Something went wrong during surgery and I nearly died... I wound up in a coma for 12 days, and spent over a month in the hospital. Right about this exact date last year I was released from the hospital and I thank God and also the doctors for me being able to make a full recovery.

I’m also thankful I was in a Cadillac, because I don’t think I would’ve fared as well in something like a Toyota Prius. Lol.

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
1,280 Posts

The only thing that was wrong with it was that it was in need of a major detail.. Luckily that’s what I specialize in, so I was able to restore the paint from this..

To this

1 yr. ago last month I was T Boned by a drunk driver and this is what my Cadillac looked like moments after the crash... You can see me still inside the car as the firefighters arrived to help get me out.

I got hit by a Kia Optima at full speed [45 mph] then went straight into a light pole backwards.

This is what the interior wound up looking like. This is untouched as it was from the crash...

Believe it or not, I was able to crawl out of the passenger door of the car without a scratch on my face, I had a couple of broken ribs, but I honestly felt good enough to walk away...

Luckily I let the ambulance take me to the hospital where just over a day later they performed emergency surgery due to my internal injuries. They had to remove my appendix & spleen, along with part of my liver.

Something went wrong during surgery and I nearly died... I wound up in a coma for 12 days, and spent over a month in the hospital. Right about this exact date last year I was released from the hospital and I thank God and also the doctors for me being able to make a full recovery.

I’m also thankful I was in a Cadillac, because I don’t think I would’ve fared as well in something like a Toyota Prius. Lol.
wow Glad you made it. That was a awesome car. saved your life.

·
2006 DTS perf
1,280 Posts
Picked up this 07 DTS with just over 256,000kms. Was told there was transmission issues. After further inspection only low atf drives well and shifts fine now, no rust , no accidents.
for $2k, definitely lowest priced I’ve ever paid
I like the color I haven't seen any the color around here. Great price.

·
Registered
07 DTS , 08 DTS, 09 Escalade, 02 STS (sold)
42 Posts

To this

Thank you for sharing your story with everyone, that must have been such a life changing experience for you. I am glad that you were able to make a recovery from such a devastating event. I really hope the other driver spent time in jail and that you were able to recover some civil damages for their wrecklessness.
Thanks again and agreed these caddy’s are built tough

all the best

·
Registered
1986 Fleetwood D'Elegance, 2001 Deville (gone), 2012 CTS4 Lux (gone), 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS4 Premium
10 Posts
Did a little tire/wheel swap the DTS is now wearing the stock 18's from the ATS

20200823_100017.jpg

20200823_110347.jpg

20180710_202314.jpg

·
Registered
DTS '06 Lux II + Sunroof
19 Posts
Fast forward to yesterday

Getting new mufflers at the shop! One of my best investments of 2020, she sounds like when I purchased her.

Side anecdote: I've kept the OEM end pipes, polished them to a chrome with the buffer, and they'll be grafted on my Dad's Mustang '66. :cool:

·
2006 DTS perf
1,280 Posts
Fast forward to yesterday

Getting new mufflers at the shop! One of my best investments of 2020, she sounds like when I purchased her.

Side anecdote: I've kept the OEM end pipes, polished them to a chrome with the buffer, and they'll be grafted on my Dad's Mustang '66. :cool:

Looks oem Did you go complete system?

801 - 820 of 829 Posts