Cadillac Owners Forum banner

761 - 780 of 844 Posts

·
Registered
2006 DTS
62 Posts
This is my 2006 DTS which I affectionately refer to as ”Mary Kay”. I bought her with 28K miles back in 2010 and she’s never seen snow. you wouldn’t know she had a shade of pink metallic to her unless you fold the mirrors in at which point you will see some pink pearl original paint.

i ripped the class two hitch off her after I picked her up as the morons that had it before me used her to tow a boat at the “summer house”. She has a new engine at 49K cuz she was a leaker and

GMPP Warranty so graciously put put a new one in on the third time back for leaks. Although I barely have the room for a forth vehicle I cannot part with Mary Kay,

I worked for GM as an Engineer and every time I visited the Dham assembly plant, just as you entered the front door of the plant into General Assembly, the Cadillac’s were on the “flat track“ portion of the final line and they would perform horn test right at the entrance.

Never could get that sound out of my head. Saw lots of Mary Kay’s moving down that line on my many visits too. In the end, it was was the love of the horn and the dual exhaust that told me I had to have one....someday!

·
Registered
2011 DTS Base
149 Posts
This is my 2006 DTS which I affectionately refer to as ”Mary Kay”. I bought her with 28K miles back in 2010 and she’s never seen snow. you wouldn’t know she had a shade of pink metallic to her unless you fold the mirrors in at which point you will see some pink pearl original paint.

i ripped the class two hitch off her after I picked her up as the morons that had it before me used her to tow a boat at the “summer house”. She has a new engine at 49K cuz she was a leaker and
View attachment 579826

GMPP Warranty so graciously put put a new one in on the third time back for leaks. Although I barely have the room for a forth vehicle I cannot part with Mary Kay,

View attachment 579827

I worked for GM as an Engineer and every time I visited the Dham assembly plant, just as you entered the front door of the plant into General Assembly, the Cadillac’s were on the “flat track“ portion of the final line and they would perform horn test right at the entrance.

Never could get that sound out of my head. Saw lots of Mary Kay’s moving down that line on my many visits too. In the end, it was was the love of the horn and the dual exhaust that told me I had to have one....someday!
Yep, that tri-color paint can change colors by the minute. From pink to tan to purple to blue to a shimmering white. I love mine and I've found that a good waxing makes it even more amazing.

·
Registered
Cadillac DTS 2006 Luxury III Y VIN
17 Posts
Here she is. Cadillac DTS 2006 Luxury 3, 275 hp. 17" stock rims.
Exterior paint gunmetal metallic. Interior Light titanium.

Beautiful powerful V8 engine. Clean engine bay, good interior. I noticed the wood details on the dash, and really appreciate the wood details on the steering wheel. This car is very well made. I am blown away.

When I drive her around, I feel like I am floating on a cloud. Pillowy, soft, smooth. The seats are very comfortable, it is unreal. Plus there is massage.

So far I have replaced the headlight bulbs, the chrome grill is aftermarket. I picked it because it won't rust and it matches the chrome trim on the hood. Pretty soon here I will get the seat covers, and will have to figure out how to protect the plastic dash. Eventually I will also want mats for the carpet, possibly custom?

Planning on keeping this baby for the next 5 years, or 100-150 thousand miles.
Bought her in Jan 2020, for 3,750$ with 100,000 miles. Fell in love after taking her for a test drive and wanted to drive her again, so I decided to buy on the spot. I'm a pretty happy gal.

I detailed her today, and she looks great!

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 8.35.16 PM.png

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
1,344 Posts
Here she is. Cadillac DTS 2006 Luxury 3, 275 hp. 17" stock rims.
Exterior paint gunmetal metallic. Interior Light titanium.

Beautiful powerful V8 engine. Clean engine bay, good interior. I noticed the wood details on the dash, and really appreciate the wood details on the steering wheel. This car is very well made. I am blown away.

When I drive her around, I feel like I am floating on a cloud. Pillowy, soft, smooth. The seats are very comfortable, it is unreal. Plus there is massage.

So far I have replaced the headlight bulbs, the chrome grill is aftermarket. I picked it because it won't rust and it matches the chrome trim on the hood. Pretty soon here I will get the seat covers, and will have to figure out how to protect the plastic dash. Eventually I will also want mats for the carpet, possibly custom?

Planning on keeping this baby for the next 5 years, or 100-150 thousand miles.
Bought her in Jan 2020, for 3,750$ with 100,000 miles. Fell in love after taking her for a test drive and wanted to drive her again, so I decided to buy on the spot. I'm a pretty happy gal.

I detailed her today, and she looks great!

View attachment 580660
Awesome looking DTS. Definitely tint the windows and use a good leather conditioner to keep the seats soft and new looking.

·
2011 DTS
43 Posts
The DTS looks great in white. Definitely one of my favorite colors for it. This morning, my black DTS was made temporarily white thanks to the innovation of snow. Here's some quick edits of the photos for added dramatic effect:
View attachment 578085
View attachment 578087
View attachment 578088

I'll add that GM really had the best keyfobs back in the late 2000s. It looks great on the keyholder and puts even the "Bentley key" to shame:
View attachment 578089
W

2011 premium

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS
7 Posts
Just picked this baby up for a cool 800 with ~258000 miles. I'm the second owner. The first was a local pastor and his wife. There's a fried mirror and a broken tail light, but the new ones were in the trunk! Free parts! Those tail lamp assemblies aren't cheap. They said it needs struts and the driver's rear window is stuck down now, but there's a huge stack of repair and maintenance records in the glove box. It has a rag top! It sounds great and has plenty of power. I love all the options and they all work! (Just ignore the little stuff)
93109875_10158752129845260_5125306309654085632_n.jpg
93783927_10158752129935260_5128552050799411200_n.jpg
92830399_10158752129810260_748697079836049408_n.jpg

·
Registered
Cadillac DTS 2006 Luxury III Y VIN
17 Posts
Just picked this baby up for a cool 800 with ~258000 miles. I'm the second owner. The first was a local pastor and his wife. There's a fried mirror and a broken tail light, but the new ones were in the trunk! Free parts! Those tail lamp assemblies aren't cheap. They said it needs struts and the driver's rear window is stuck down now, but there's a huge stack of repair and maintenance records in the glove box. It has a rag top! It sounds great and has plenty of power. I love all the options and they all work! (Just ignore the little stuff)
Nice! Post your progress pics!

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
1,344 Posts
Looks great Plenty of information on the forum for everything you might need to do to your DTS.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS
7 Posts
Yep I've been so happy just doing a bunch of research before we go pick her up. Basically we just were in desperate need of a car and this popped up on Facebook from the retired local pastor. My goal is to fix it up and use it gently for a while. Then when it's got a few less problems, maybe sell it. That's unless I fall in love with it, which I may have already.

He told me it needs new struts because it clunks a little when turning at low speed. And it does pop, but not the worst thing ever. But it does have a bit of a wobble at 50 or 60. Not much but I'm sure it'll only get worse unless I fix it right away.

First thing I'll do when I get it on a lift is check what actually needs replaced. Probably do new struts, strut bearings, and mounts, tie rod ends, etc. Then I'm guessing it probably needs brake pads if not rotors. Fix the electric window. We are gonna drive it home on the 3rd so it'll be a good little 90 Mile drive to get a feel. I'll post later! Thanks!

·
Registered
2011 DTS Premium
99 Posts
Looks like the shark fin got moved to the trunk, probably to accommodate for the fake convertible top. Interesting. I've never paid attention to see if they're all like that or not, but I'd have to assume that they are.

761 - 780 of 844 Posts