Cadillac Owners Forum banner

721 - 740 of 746 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Share some photos if you can, and if you dont mind, tell us about your buying experience and how much you paid. :)
$1200 plus anticipated $265 tow. Has a blown head gasket. 2008 DTS, with 129,000 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 DTS Luxury II
10 Posts
Hey all.. wanted to share my 2007 DTS Luxury II. Purchased her in 2017 in Florida for right around $6000. Car had two accidents reported but damage was limited to the bumpers, dealer fixed the damaged but was forced to sell the car below book value so I made out like a bandit. Bought her with just over 100k, two years later she’s a Texas car and I’m at nearly 128k.

Work I’ve done: valve cover gasket, engine torque mount, wheel bearings twice, 350A high output alternator, power steering pump, tie rod ends, new front rotors and pads, and this weekend I’m replacing the driver control arm, both front struts and sway bar links. All original and deteriorated from what I can tell. Future plans include swapping rear air shocks for load bearing shocks ($120 kit from Monroe). Parking sensors need to be replaced on the front bumper.

Aftermarket work: HO alternator, mesh grille, gold plated hood ornament and sail panel badging, 22” Kronik Epiq wheels, 15” Fi BTL sub

Older vehicles may have some issues but you can save a lot of money by doing the work yourself. LOADS of money! Plus the satisfaction of fixing it yourself.

I’ve owned a 1987 Brougham and a 1995 Sedan DeVille. I’m in love with the Cadillac ride and plan on keeping this DTS running like new as long as possible.

Before grill and hood ornament:

With my brother’s supercharged Park Avenue:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gorgeous! And the savings of retro-fitting and re-building are INCREDIBLE. I'm in full agreement with you. Base price on these cars was about $46,000 - add even one level of options and, with tax you were at about $50,000. So right up front with the low purchase price you saved $43,500 - that's a lot of money NOT spent up front to use to make the car reliable and optimized.

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
959 Posts
Hey all.. wanted to share my 2007 DTS Luxury II. Purchased her in 2017 in Florida for right around $6000. Car had two accidents reported but damage was limited to the bumpers, dealer fixed the damaged but was forced to sell the car below book value so I made out like a bandit. Bought her with just over 100k, two years later she’s a Texas car and I’m at nearly 128k.

Work I’ve done: valve cover gasket, engine torque mount, wheel bearings twice, 350A high output alternator, power steering pump, tie rod ends, new front rotors and pads, and this weekend I’m replacing the driver control arm, both front struts and sway bar links. All original and deteriorated from what I can tell. Future plans include swapping rear air shocks for load bearing shocks ($120 kit from Monroe). Parking sensors need to be replaced on the front bumper.

Aftermarket work: HO alternator, mesh grille, gold plated hood ornament and sail panel badging, 22” Kronik Epiq wheels, 15” Fi BTL sub

Older vehicles may have some issues but you can save a lot of money by doing the work yourself. LOADS of money! Plus the satisfaction of fixing it yourself.

I’ve owned a 1987 Brougham and a 1995 Sedan DeVille. I’m in love with the Cadillac ride and plan on keeping this DTS running like new as long as possible.

View attachment 570870
View attachment 570872

View attachment 570873

Before grill and hood ornament:
View attachment 570874

With my brother’s supercharged Park Avenue:

View attachment 570875
Awesome looking DTS. I also completely rebuilt all the systems on my DTS all oem. Still love driving it everyday.

·
Registered
2007 DTS
35 Posts
I like the mesh grill, but can you tell me:
When standing in front of it, can you see thru it... into the motor area?
Seems like that would bother me.

I am on the prowl for one of these grills, or maybe just a chrome version of stock.
Cant seem to get one for a 2007. Dealer has 2009+, and won't commit if it will fit my 2007 !
Anyone know?

Thanks

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
959 Posts
I like the mesh grill, but can you tell me:
When standing in front of it, can you see thru it... into the motor area?
Seems like that would bother me.

I am on the prowl for one of these grills, or maybe just a chrome version of stock.
Cant seem to get one for a 2007. Dealer has 2009+, and won't commit if it will fit my 2007 !
Anyone know?

Thanks
the 09 will fit your 07. My aftermarket grill is very well made and no you can't see the radiator through the grill. There was no change in the engine temp after the install.

721 - 740 of 746 Posts