Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum / Mercedes S63 AMG / Lexus LS430
146 Posts
Not new to the forums or to Cadillac, just this subform. My new-to-me 2009 DTS
mydts2.jpg mydts1.jpg

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
955 Posts
I added some led lighting from Diode Dynamics. They change color and also flash or strobe. I can also dim them which I like so I can have a soft glow.

·
Registered
2008 DTS
1,307 Posts
Those lights look great, as does the new wood trim. I could use those lights on long trips to find the cup holder, it's hard to see in the car at night.

·
2006 DTS perf
955 Posts
Those lights look great, as does the new wood trim. I could use those lights on long trips to find the cup holder, it's hard to see in the car at night.
I like the blue dimmed down when I'm driving at night. I can see the cup holders and gives a luxury feel.

·
Registered
2007 DTS LuxII, 2008 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4, 2002 Seville SLS (RIP)
73 Posts
Here is mine. Bought a couple of months ago with 125K miles. Its a 07 Luxury II and has nearly every option possible including sunshade, washer fluid heater, and heated steering wheel. Only thing I can find it didn't have was the ACC. The ride, fuel mileage, and interior comfort is not as nice as my 02 SLS. But the DTS has the right options and color. Wheels have some MN corrosion and the car paint could use a new paint job due to very light surface rust. I did a few things to it like the window tint, new Defender rubber, gloss black pillars, and very bright white LED driving lights. Future plans are fixing the heated/cooled seats (pretty sure I saw the DIY here on the forums for that), and the driver side front seat cushion positioning motor. This is the 1st 10 yr plus old car that the service engine light was NOT on. Pretty decent car and it gets alot of compliments.

View attachment 534712

·
2006 DTS perf
955 Posts
Here is mine. Bought a couple of months ago with 125K miles. Its a 07 Luxury II and has nearly every option possible including sunshade, washer fluid heater, and heated steering wheel. Only thing I can find it didn't have was the ACC. The ride, fuel mileage, and interior comfort is not as nice as my 02 SLS. But the DTS has the right options and color. Wheels have some MN corrosion and the car paint could use a new paint job due to very light surface rust. I did a few things to it like the window tint, new Defender rubber, gloss black pillars, and very bright white LED driving lights. Future plans are fixing the heated/cooled seats (pretty sure I saw the DIY here on the forums for that), and the driver side front seat cushion positioning motor. This is the 1st 10 yr plus old car that the service engine light was NOT on. Pretty decent car and it gets alot of compliments.
I'd like to see it when you can post up some pictures. Sounds like a great DTS

·
Registered
1968 Sedan de Ville; 2007 DTS
116 Posts
Here is mine. 2007 Cadillac DTS Performance. Have the build sheet and window sticker, two owner car.

Attachments

·
2006 DTS perf
955 Posts
Your Performance looks awesome. I like the red with the light interior. I've owned my performance since new. still enjoy driving it.

·
2006 DTS perf
955 Posts
Danog has helped me so many times with info for my DTS this forum is awesome.

·
Registered
2006 DTS Lux3
8 Posts
IMG_2623.jpg Here is my new to me 2006 DTS, Lux 3. Short story is I was driving a Fiat 500 to work and was involved in a low speed accident that totaled the Fiat. I decided I did not care for the small car ride anymore so went and found my long time want car a Caddy. 73,000 miles, well cared for ride, I really like it. Forget the mileage and roll.

·
Registered
2006 DTS Talisman
3 Posts
Here's my girl:) 2006 DTS Lux II Talisman I bought her just recently in October 2018 with 48k miles on it for about $7500. I drove 300 miles to a car dealer I discovered online and the car was actually in better condition in person that what I saw in the pictures...a dream come true so far through the first 6 months of ownership. I have truly ruined myself for all other vehicles. View attachment 547102 caddy2.jpg caddy3.jpg

·
Registered
Mom's 2008 DTS LIII
22 Posts
Not mine; I helped my mom find it, but if she has questions she'll ask me, so I signed up here.

It was several hour's drive for any DTS with a price vs. year & odometer figure she liked, and just as far to find the "Black Cherry" color she liked in one for sale. This 2008 turned up about 4hours away, and she's tickled "purple" with it. Reminds her of a Deville she once had; probably even rides a little nicer. It actually doesn't look quite as long, though I think the sloped ends tease the eye rather than shift a tape measure. I'm not making bets that North Star will do the 300K she put on a predecessor to it in the Deville, but it sure seems to run smooth yet at 100K.

Nicely optioned; they listed it as 1SD, I'm not sure when the naming changed from the Luxury I, II, III - and really don't know anything about that package naming either - so cannot compare, but I cannot think of anything else that she'd want on it. I switched cars with her halfway, and found the lumbar massage rather nice to give the back an occasional treat on the long trip. Averaging about 75mph, made 25.5mpg - no complaints there either! :)

Only few trips around town, and a week in the garage, she found that, much like a gloss black, it takes very little dust to slightly diminish stunning eye appeal, but still sharp. When clean, very sharp! I'm surprised the color was dropped. To my eye perhaps a little more red was added, if any change, and now "Plum," or something like that, seems abundant on Buicks and Chevys. A couple photos, as I believe is considered only proper for a new member. These were taken before the drive home.

Attachments

·
Registered
09 DTS
70 Posts
Here's my girl:) 2006 DTS Lux II Talisman I bought her just recently in October 2018 with 48k miles on it for about $7500. I drove 300 miles to a car dealer I discovered online and the car was actually in better condition in person that what I saw in the pictures...a dream come true so far through the first 6 months of ownership. I have truly ruined myself for all other vehicles. View attachment 547102 View attachment 547104 View attachment 547106
very nice, I like the color

701 - 720 of 746 Posts