Cadillac Owners Forum banner

681 - 700 of 751 Posts

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
1,016 Posts
that's what i wanted to hear! in that case, when the body stuff is done I'll just pull my motor and do the oil pan+midblock gaskets and timing chain wear parts then. The oil leak annoys me, the second pic in my last post you can see the spots right infront of my bumper from where i usually park. neighbors probably hate me
I had to pay $3800 to reseal my engine Jan 2017. I picked up this 2010 Platinum from an auction as my new project. I plan on swapping interiors with my owned since new 06 fix the damage and sell. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to get to it with an unexpected death in the family.

·
Registered
2007 DTS
139 Posts
i really want whitewall tires like that. those really make the car pop. if you have problems finding anything in your area, pm me i have a pretty good headlight polished up driver's side i'd sell for like half ebay price that i don't need for mine as well as a decent non radar cruise grill. i also have a driver's side chrome bumper trim from my old bumper that's good that you can have for shipping cost. i know they're damn expensive to buy seperate and i don't need it. i've been amassing parts and picked all the cars i could find clean of expensive parts as i plan to keep this car till someone wrecks into me eventually and hopefully after

·
2006 DTS perf
1,016 Posts
i really want whitewall tires like that. those really make the car pop. if you have problems finding anything in your area, pm me i have a pretty good headlight polished up driver's side i'd sell for like half ebay price that i don't need for mine as well as a decent non radar cruise grill. i also have a driver's side chrome bumper trim from my old bumper that's good that you can have for shipping cost. i know they're damn expensive to buy seperate and i don't need it. i've been amassing parts and picked all the cars i could find clean of expensive parts as i plan to keep this car till someone wrecks into me eventually and hopefully after
I have the oem grill from my 06 Ive got the hood and fender in black already the headlight too. I need the front bumper cover and some small parts under the hood. Ill post pics when I start working on it again. The DTS drives awesome no mechanical damage or frame rail damage.

·
Registered
2007 DTS
139 Posts
nice! glad to see you were able to find parts, it took me 6 junkyard trips before i found a single DTS with any sort of bumper cover, which is why i opted to repair a kinda dicked one. best prices i've found otherwise are some 120$ "reconditioned" bumpers without parking sensor holes on rockauto (sounds very sus to me), or new aftermarket bumpers on ebay for around 300 or so.

·
2006 DTS perf
1,016 Posts
nice! glad to see you were able to find parts, it took me 6 junkyard trips before i found a single DTS with any sort of bumper cover, which is why i opted to repair a kinda dicked one. best prices i've found otherwise are some 120$ "reconditioned" bumpers without parking sensor holes on rockauto (sounds very sus to me), or new aftermarket bumpers on ebay for around 300 or so.
The junkyard near me gets quite a few 06 DTSs but haven't found a Black one yet. trying not to have to pay for painting one.

·
Registered
2007 DTS
139 Posts
Re: DTS owners check in!

I ordered an 06 DTS five weeks ago for my wife. A LUX III, White Lightening over Ebony with NAV, split bench seat and sun roof. The vehicle arrived March 17th. My wife and I visited her new vehicle Saturday. Dealer is detailing vehicle, changing the front grill to a custom vertical bar grill with no Cadillac emblem, adding vogue white wall and gold stripe tires, painting a dual gold stipe down each side of vehicle with a small painted wreath & crest, adding a "gold kit" for emblems and badges and placing a gold wreath and crest in the center of the LUX III wheels. Dealer is also installing a gold hood ornament. We hope to pick up the vehicle late in the day on March 20th. I am a GM supplier so what I paid is not relevant, especially since the dealer is discounting the vehicle $1,000 under the GM supplier price and is doing all the upgrades at his "actual" cost.

The DTS will be our fifth Cadillac. My wive currently drives a 1999 Gold Deville and I drive an 05 XLR. I am a long time member of the XLR forum, however only joined this DTS forum today.

Hello Everyone!
@Omac... this could be your car other than the vertical grille (assuming it's like mine)

·
2006 DTS perf
1,016 Posts
Re: DTS owners check in!

Why not keep it as the Omac 2 mobile? That way you're assured of DTS ride long into the future.
Thought about it but I have a crew cab pickup truck and a 1972 Lincoln so room is an issue. If I ended up keeping it I would probably remove the roof. The car drives awesome. I have $2400 invested in it including purchase price with another $300 to weld in the new headlight bucket. So not a lot in it.

·
2006 DTS perf
1,016 Posts
I completed the interior swap and added the new vogue tires. They looked so good on the 2010 I put them on my 06.

·
Registered
2008 DTS
1,307 Posts
You took it to a whole new dimension, that really looks great.

And the Vogues, I plan to get a set for my new wheels once I get them looking presentable...

·
2006 DTS perf
1,016 Posts
You took it to a whole new dimension, that really looks great.

And the Vogues, I plan to get a set for my new wheels once I get them looking presentable...
Thanks Im very happy with how it came out. I got the vogues size 245 45r 18 for $780 I plan on selling my black wall tires for $200 to help with the cost. I should make a profit on the 2010 of about 6-800 so I'll have my DTS looking awesome just the way I like for no out of pocket cost.

681 - 700 of 751 Posts