Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a year i finally got around to checking out why the heat in both front seats of my 06 DTS quit working. Figuring before hand it was probably the module, I found it was the small harness/plug. It was burnt (top, second one in from the left). Its the plug under the seat with all the white wires coming from it. I un-bolted the seat for more room to work, but i think i could have done it by just sliding the seat back and up. I unplugged it, cleaned it up as best i could, inserted a 1/4 inch arrow staple after i straightened it, slid it in the burnt female pin, plugged it back in and the heat is back. (of-course the cool side of the seats started working to). I plan to replace the burnt pin with either a new pin (just a few bucks) or a new female harness. An easy fix when the warranty is gone and gm charges a bundle to fix. I'm a happy boy.

Northstar

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
Very good ...
Thanks for the details on how to fix it.
That will most likely help someone else too.

Texas Jim

·
Registered
Cadillac
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't have a pic handy...but if you look under the passenger seat its one of three plugs that go into the module. The module is pretty much a little right of center of the seat and towards the front. The plug has 7 or 8 white wires coming from it. Infact, the bottom of the seat has a small metal piece running across the bottom of the seat, if you find the metal piece, the module sits
right above that..with the metal there, it makes it alittle challenging to pop the plug loose. i will post a link to the Escalade board, arrow down and the plug looks exactly like that....the same
pin on mine was burnt. Its an easy fix once you do it if the module isn't bad. All i can say is...give it a try.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...17781-front-seat-heat-cool-not-working-2.html

Northstar

·
Registered
757 Posts
There been a Bulletin out for years. I posted it in the other heated seatpost.

At the end there is a part number for the repair kit

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-dts-forum-2006-through-2012/277551-2007-dts-heated-seats-inoperative.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts