Cadillac Owners Forum banner

DTS factory EURO tail light clear LED

26K views 48 replies 25 participants last post by  anthonygaglioti14 
#1 ·
I just purchased factory dts euro tail lights. The plugs, pins and connectors are all the same but they don't seem to light up. I get no brake or blinker light response.
Anyone ebr put these in and is there another step to do?
Thanks

#28 ·
I just purchased factory dts euro tail lights. The plugs, pins and connectors are all the same but they don't seem to light up. I get no brake or blinker light response.
Anyone ebr put these in and is there another step to do?
Thanks
Did you ever get them installed - I just purchased a set for my 2007 DTS and I’m stuck on how to install and the wiring layout.

#37 ·
Its just about impossible to find them now. eBay used to have them occasionally. Haven't seen them offered for awhile. I would just keep looking and save a search for them on eBay. They will notify you when one comes up for auction. I was hopping an aftermarket company would make them but so far that hasn't happened.

#38 ·
Hello, I know this is a quite old thread, but maybe somebody can answer me.

I live in Hungary, and I have bought a domestic DTS in 2021, and due to the EU regulations I have to change the tail lights to clear types which have separated amber turn signal. The rear lights already modifed in a very strange and amateur way which also affects the automatic lamp operation, so I descided to redo it.

Actual modifications is: relays are used to transmit the front turn signals’ signal to the rear and are connected to amber lights which are installed into the bumber. Also transistos were used to emulate the brake signal to the tail lights.

Since the DTS uses one wire per side for the common brake and turn signal, can I find the separated turn signals near the trunk or the rear seats? The same question for the brake lights (or should I use the 3rd brake lamp signal?).

Is it possible to change the pins (easily) in the 8 pin blue connector (connected to the taillights)? New or even used ones are quite rare and pricey.

I will use both the turn and brake signals to control a switching element (like relay or transistor) to input 12V to the relevant pin. This is for eliminating the extra current drawing.
Each rear lights utilize a return signal (to check the operation), how can I manage it if I use „external sources” to control the turn and the brake signals? As a part of the regulations, no error message should be displayed during the lamp operation.

Any advice is welcomed.

Thank you,
Csaba

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light

#39 ·
I had the same problem importing my jeep to england, i was forced to add small round amber lights to the rear to comply with the laws, you could do the same - it wouldn't look nice - i later rewired the backup lights with amber bulbs

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle

#40 ·
I can’t tell you how to solve everything but maybe I can provide some insight. I have a 2010 DTS and live in Texas. When I was installing a backup camera I tested the wires on the passenger side tail light assembly. I don’t remember the colors and I can’t probe again. I found a brake light wire which included the turn signal, a separate tail light wire and a separate backup lights wire. There I stopped because that was the one I wanted.

I think the turn signal switch in the steering column is actually the key to all of this working correctly. Trip’s solution that he used on his Jeep may be your only option. I like the idea of the amber bulbs in the backup lights. I have no clue about the proper trigger circuitry. Hope this helps.

#41 ·
You can tap the brake light circuit between the brake light switch and the turn signal switch as as source for a new brake light feed. Or feed off the high center trunk brake light. Use the current turn signal circuit for your amber bulbs. If the turn signals have to be separate from the brake lights altogether then you will need a new feed for that circuit that bypasses the brake light switch. Make sense?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.