Cadillac Owners Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
74,960 Posts
sq5lnk, Welcome !! Poland must be a hard place to find DTS advice.

Look at the thumbnails in Posts #5 and #11. Click each thumbnail, "save as" to your computer files, then use your browser <- to back out of the picture.

I would recommend that you remove your e-mail address from your post - you may get far, far more replies than you bargained for......... This is an international forum and many undesirable people make e-mail address collecting their 'hobby".

I changed the address from a link to text ............ best of luck.

·
Registered
2008 DTS
211 Posts
Is the one on the left even LEGAL in the U.S.? Looks like a huge back-up light to me....
While Euro lights are not "legal" in the US it is highly unlikely you would ever get a citation for one, however it could make a huge difference in litigation if the other sides lawyer notices it in case of an accident.
On "legal" lights you will see "DOT" certification printed or molded on the lens. Take a look on your car, it will be there on every headlight and taillight and turn signal lens. This is something easy a LEO *could* look for.
In reality this is rarely enforced, as many of the mods such as smoked lenses over lights are not enforced. Those smoked lenses are not legal for street use and are for use only for show cars and off road use. Look at the fine print in the product manual and you will find that codicil.
YMMV, IANAL

·
Registered
2006 DTS Performance
3 Posts
I just purchased factory dts euro tail lights. The plugs, pins and connectors are all the same but they don't seem to light up. I get no brake or blinker light response.
Anyone ebr put these in and is there another step to do?
Thanks
Hey where did you find the euro tail lights for the DTS?? I'm trying hard to find a set

·
Registered
2007 DTS
166 Posts
I think these would look great in combination with the newly available clear lens trunk lights.... I'd love to get my hands on a pair of these (if they were under like 200$ lol)

·
Registered
2006 DTS Performance
3 Posts
I have the clear tail light installed... waiting to hear from the guy who bought the clear tail lights ???

·
Administrator
74,960 Posts
He hasn't logged in for over 2.75 years. Don't hold your breath. Did you look at the post dates of what you're replying to ?

·
Registered
2007 DTS
1 Posts
I just purchased factory dts euro tail lights. The plugs, pins and connectors are all the same but they don't seem to light up. I get no brake or blinker light response.
Anyone ebr put these in and is there another step to do?
Thanks
Did you ever get them installed - I just purchased a set for my 2007 DTS and I’m stuck on how to install and the wiring layout.

·
Administrator
74,960 Posts
Welcome to CF !!! The member whom you quoted has not logged in for 4 years. You probably will not receive a reply.

Wiring diagrams, fuses. relays, and schematics are in the online GM/Cadillac/Helm service manuals at www.alldatadiy.com.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This info was for the 2000-2005 deville and is probably what you will need to follow.

As you know, the export model tail lamp does not work when plugged directly into a domestic model chassis wire harness connector.

Install 3 jumper or patch wires between the tail lamp connector and the chassis connector:

Jumper tail lamp connector pin C to chassis connector pin C (chassis ground)

Jumper tail lamp connector pin D to chassis connector pin D (lamp failure detection)

Jumper tail lamp connector pin E to chassis connector pin E (turn signal)

Two more sources of voltage to the tail lamp connector are needed. These voltages are available in the wire
harness that connects the trunk lid to the vehicle chassis. This wire harness is routed through the left side trunk
hinge arm and is available at the left rear corner of the trunk, behind the trim panel.

Open that harness and locate one WHITE wire and one YELLOW wire.

Use a Voltmeter and a sharp needle (to pierce the wire insulation) on the YELLOW wire to verify you have 12 Volts when
the BRAKE pedal is pressed. The YELLOW wire is the feed to the STOP lamp on the trunk lid. Splice into the YELLOW wire
and connect the spliced wire to pin B of the tail lamp connector.

Use a Voltmeter and a sharp needle (to pierce the wire insulation) on the WHITE wire to verify you have 12 Volts when
the headlamp switch is in the PARK LAMP position. The WHITE wire is the feed to the license lamps on the trunk lid.
Splice into that wire and connect the spliced wire to pin F of the tail lamp connector.

The final connections at the tail lamp six pin connector(s) will look like this:

Tail lamp connector pin A (not used)

Tail lamp connector pin B jumpered to trunk lid STOP lamp (stop lamp voltage from YELLOW wire)

Tail lamp connector pin C jumpered to chassis connector pin C (chassis ground)

Tail lamp connector pin D jumpered to chassis connector pin D (lamp failure detection)

Tail lamp connector pin E jumpered to chassis connector pin E (turn signal)

Tail lamp connector pin F jumpered to trunk lid license lamps (tail lamp voltage from WHITE wire)

Also here is a video showing the odd euro deville lamp in action
Sir, are you still on this forum? I could use some help if you can! Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very rarely am I on here at this point.
I know this is an OLD thread, but I'm just installing euros on my 03 Eureka six door. In your post, you have wiring with jumpers, etc.. In a lower post a guy talks about relays. Are there TWO ways to do it, the way you describe and the way he describes, or is it a combination of the two? Did you have to install a relay in the #12 spot, or is it just a matter of tapping into the wires as they are in your description?

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
5,025 Posts
I know this is an OLD thread, but I'm just installing euros on my 03 Eureka six door. In your post, you have wiring with jumpers, etc.. In a lower post a guy talks about relays. Are there TWO ways to do it, the way you describe and the way he describes, or is it a combination of the two? Did you have to install a relay in the #12 spot, or is it just a matter of tapping into the wires as they are in your description?
I would follow the method that the other post discussed. My info was based on the 2000-2005 deville (which used the same body as the 06+ DTS) so it was more of a “this is probably what youll need to do“ vs actual confirmed steps.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts