Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 cadillac deville dhs
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a DHS (which I LOVE) but I also love the look of our caddy's with the fog lights on the bumper so I'm looking to upgrade to the DTS bumper. I know there are members on here that may have done this upgrade so my question is how did you set up the wiring for the fogs? I'm assuming you just connected them with the parking lights? Also how did the setup work as far as how/when they cut on/off?

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,688 Posts
The best way to do it would be to compare the DHS vs DTS wiring diagrams in the FSM. Then make the appropriate changes.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
20,222 Posts
The best way to do it would be to compare the DHS vs DTS wiring diagrams in the FSM. Then make the appropriate changes.
----------------------
the DHS model does not have a fog light switch within the headlight switch -
also the fog light wiring does not exist in the DHS -
so everything needs to be done from scratch -

------------------

----------

you are talking about a very expensive conversion for a little BLING -

along with the bumper cover -
you will need to buy the fog lights and their mounting brackets -
be sure to buy a LEFT and a RIGHT - they are different -

next is the wiring -
the DHS does not have a fog light switch within the head light switch -
and none of the fog light wiring exists in the DHS - so you need to start from scratch -

the easiest way to wire them up - is to purchase a fog light/driving light harness -
it already has a relay built in -
you attach the relay "trigger" wire to the LOW BEAM headlight circuit -
then a battery power and a ground - then run the power wire to the fog lights -

this way - when ever the headlights are on - the fogs are on -
I'm assuming that's what you want - simply some more BLING -
the fog lights do very little - except in actual foggy conditions -

·
Registered
98 eldo/KD54 w/N37,T96,QA1,D55,DS3,U1Z. U3R next
2,125 Posts
Wiring for the fog lights is going to WAY over most peoples heads. I've done it, but that looked like a joke compared to the wiring of the console and the tilt and telescoping column.

Fog lights can be done but you will need the following IF you're going the factory route:

DTS FORWARD LAMP HARNESS. From front fuse box
DTS FRONT FUSE BOX CONNECTORS: C1, C2.
DTS DASH INTERGRATION MODULE CONNECTORS: C1,C2,C3
DTS HEADLAMP SWITCH, MATCHING INTERIOR COLOR
ADDITIONAL RELAYS AND FUSES.

This conversion is going to call for some specialized tools to remove connector terminals to be re-pinned in the fusebox and various terminals.

You will have to have an understanding of schematics, soldering and wiring to make this factory/bulletproof.

Check out the conversion here:http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...66897-module-locations-assistance-please.html

·
Registered
2004 Deville DTS (traded), 2018 CTS-V
78 Posts
Probably the easiest thing would be to install an aftermarket switch and relay directly to the battery with an inline fuse and control the fog lights manually. The lights themselves are simple enough, however the factory fog lights go through all kinds on modules so turning them off and on can be requested by computer. For example you turn the fog lights on during the day and all your lights come on regardless of how sunny it is or when you put on your highbeams, the fog lights turn off. Something tells me you don't really care about that, you just want useable fog lights.

·
Registered
98 eldo/KD54 w/N37,T96,QA1,D55,DS3,U1Z. U3R next
2,125 Posts
Again if you decide NOT to go the factory route, as Basscat stated, a harness will have to be fabricated.

You will be buying a generic foglight kit, then splicing in the pigtails so that the oe foglights will work with the generic harness. How you wire the rest of the kit will be up to you and the switch location in the vehicle.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm a lot to think about. I actually thought the mod would be a fairly simple mod as far as wiring. I know there are "oe" ways to do it and "rigged/ghetto" ways to do it. I don't mind the rigged way for simple fogs as long as nothing is getting damaged. I've seen guys who post theirs on cardomain do it.

----------

Oh and @basscatt:
I'm assuming that's what your looking for more BLING-

No actually I'm looking for what I stated in my first post: I love the look of our caddy's with the fog lights on the bumpers.

My definition is it gives off an aggressive sporty but classy look. But if that defines BLING to you well... BLING BLING baby!

Keep in mind ol fart not all the mods people do or solely on performance. That's a big part of it but there are other factors, such as how the ride looks etc.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Nothing wrong with running your own wires, you could even wire them to use an OE switch. The only thing that wouldn't be functional, is the indicator in the IPC.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nothing wrong with running your own wires, you could even wire them to use an OE switch. The only thing that wouldn't be functional, is the indicator in the IPC.
Thanx that's what I was looking for. So simply put. I may do this in the near future.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts