Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 300C - Looking at CT6
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 DTS Performance with Nav. Yesterday, I completed a call using the On Star hands free calling. The call was normal, and the audio system worked normally prior to the call.

After I hung up, there was no sound from the Audio unit, or from On Star. The system is not muted, but there is no sound from AM/FM/XM or a CD, or On Star.

I shut off and restarted to car to see if it helped, but it did not. If it matters, I have the OnStar unit added to my Verizon account as an additional handset, so I am not using the pay as you go minutes.

Any ideas what went wrong? I hate to go back to the dealer and waste the day getting it looked at.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
Try disconnecting battery for 10 minutes .

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
And when you disconnect the battery ... disconnect both cables.

When you have "BOTH" cables "OFF" of the battery .... touch them together for a few seconds to drain all residual current from the system.

Jim from Texas

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
Yes. Do exactly what Jim said!

·
Registered
2013 300C - Looking at CT6
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys - thanks for the suggestions, but it resolved itself somehow. I started the car tonight, and the audio is normal. Thanks again.

:bouncy:

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Guys - thanks for the suggestions, but it resolved itself somehow. I started the car tonight, and the audio is normal. Thanks again.

:bouncy:
Glad to hear that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts