Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2006 DTS and found 3 interior plastic pieces in the trunk. I thought I could easily look them up and find out where they were
missing from in the cars interior. Well I can't seem to find the parts anywhere. They say made in Canada so maybe that's why I can't find the numbers?
I've attached 3 photos also of these parts. Part Numbers are below and on the photos. Any help would be awesome!

L0083157AA
L0095321AA

Attachments

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,636 Posts
OEM and spare parts for our cars are made in over 15 different countries, contract-sourced by "AC Delco" and DELPHI.

Maybe more part number info in the correct sections of www.gmpartsgiant.com or in www.gmpartsdirect.com (Flow Chevrolet/Cadillac, North Carolina).

Somewhere in the GM/Cadillac file piles there is a 10 or 15 page bulletin with all part numbers for the entire car. I have one for my 2002 STS but no idea of where to find yours.

That's all close-out trim pieces. Maybe up under the dash area.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found where 2 of the pieces went after searching all around the car. Only one left is the smallest piece with the square opening in it. Thanks for everyones replies. Much appreciated Steve

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first 2 pieces 1 went to seat belt cover on left side of driver's seat.
2 went to the back trim piece on pass. seat belt.
3 the smallest piece 16809243 is the last piece I'm not sure
where it goes?
Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2002 Deville and 2009 DTS
477 Posts
most parts have the # stamped, but I am surprised nothing at all shows up online. Not even for online GM parts, Cadillac parts...

Just wondered of maybe you read it wrong. I have misread 1 and 7... or 6, 8, 9 because of scratches or dents

·
Registered
477 Posts
WOW... can't be any clearer than that!
can you take another picture of the part next to a ruler?
I'll look at my wife's car (2009 DTS) when I get home.
I kinda suspect it's on the door panel, something to do with seat belts, or up on that part near the mirror.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll take one in a minute and send it. Don't know if you read my reply on where the other
2 parts went but I'm presuming you're definitely in the ball park of where this goes. Thanks
I'll send photo in a minute

·
Registered
477 Posts
wow that is smaller than I thought.
I could not find anything remotely close to anything like that.
I looked on the armrest, visors, side of the seats, seatbelts, dashboard, items up at the rearview mirror.

the only thing I could find with a square hole that size is on the dashboard to the left of the steering wheel.
There is a square section and then a pushbutton. I think it is for the light delay.

Makes me wonder if there are some slight differences between your 2006 and my wife's 2009.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes 2006 & 2007 DTS were basically the same. Starting in 2008 they changed, but of course I don't know exactly how. Whenever I go to purchase something for it the 2006 either stands alone or its the 06 & 07. Thanks for trying! Steve

·
Registered
477 Posts
I just thought of something else ( I am at work)... try looking at the armrest in the rear seat. Maybe that access door to the trunk has a knob?

I'll try looking again when I get home.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You were absolutely correct! It is the access door to the trunks handle!
Thanks to you I put it back in place! Thanks for all the help and to everyone
that helped me with this!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts