Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
07 STS, 03 Deville, Past '01' Seville, '96' Deville, '87' Deville, '95' ElDo
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know what the following codes mean... I can' t find them anywhere on the net....
IR1740
IR1771

and what is the IP1552 history
and where is a complete list of all codes

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
jert said:
Does anyone know what the following codes mean... I can' t find them anywhere on the net....
IR1740
IR1771

and what is the IP1552 history
and where is a complete list of all codes
I know of no "complete" list of codes on the net. I have a lot of manuals at work so I can tell you in the AM. What car are we talking about?

·
Registered
07 STS, 03 Deville, Past '01' Seville, '96' Deville, '87' Deville, '95' ElDo
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Katshot said:
I know of no "complete" list of codes on the net. I have a lot of manuals at work so I can tell you in the AM. What car are we talking about?
Hey thanks again Kevin. heres what we are talking about.

96 deville (52Y2) ( 5=4dr) (2=headrestraints) (Y = you know this one) (2=you got me) I have looked all over the place for these codes...because I have a problem with my cluster fuse blowing once a week.... I'm thinking that the amp for the radio is causing a problem or the relay that handles the amp... heavy wire feeds the amp #14 or #12 best I remember.. Everytime it has blown, the radio and the A/C was on.... only the compressor drops out when the fuse blows the fan blows with the fuse is gone... I am getting a IR1740 current code and a IR1771.... what you say?......... Jert

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
jert said:
Hey thanks again Kevin. heres what we are talking about.

96 deville (52Y2) ( 5=4dr) (2=headrestraints) (Y = you know this one) (2=you got me) I have looked all over the place for these codes...because I have a problem with my cluster fuse blowing once a week.... I'm thinking that the amp for the radio is causing a problem or the relay that handles the amp... heavy wire feeds the amp #14 or #12 best I remember.. Everytime it has blown, the radio and the A/C was on.... only the compressor drops out when the fuse blows the fan blows with the fuse is gone... I am getting a IR1740 current code and a IR1771.... what you say?......... Jert
IR1740 = IRC Configuation Error
IR1770 = Cassette tape slow

It sounds to me like someone replaced the head unit with a bad one, or did a bad job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts