Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
STS 2006 V6 257 hp
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a passenger seat presence sensor error I checked the connectors under the seat. Nothing has changed...
DTC B0081 error Passager Presence System ' Symptom 71 CADILLAC STS 2006 V6
Still the same error I bought another seat, exactly the same (And same color) I connect them to the 2 connectors, the yellow and the black...
And again the same error I tried to clear the error with the TECH 2, but the error comes back...
Do we need a more efficient diagnostic suitcase?
Is it possible to measure voltages (Voltmeter), or values with an ohmmeter, but without the risk of triggering an airbag.
Can the yellow connector be measured?
Or also, do I have to replace the original seat module and replace that of the new seat?

That's it, thank you in advance if you have any new ideas.

Error english
Output device Product Gadget Communication Device Font

Error in French via GM TECH 2

Computer Personal computer Communication Device Font Gadget

·
Premium Member
STS 2006 V6 257 hp
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello,
Yes it is this error, I however replaced the seat... and I still have the same fault...
I would like to find info, data to measure the yellow connector ... and the presence sensor.
But I'm going to start the seat exchange again ... maybe the erasing of the error code was not done correctly with my TECH2 ....

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,392 Posts
A new passenger presence sensor has to be installed with the TECH II so that the numbers match in the air bag module.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts