Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FREE SHIPPING within Lower 48 Stares

1. One Bar - the short bar made thick, this would be for the "budget" guy that want to take some of the wheel hop out and not spend a fortune. the kit includes the bar, boots, clamps and grease.
Retail : $299.99 Forum Price : $269.99
2. Both Bars - same as above and includes the other side. The longer bar was made from a special material called Flexor. It is a bit more torsional than regular chromoly and is a nice complement to the fat bar. It will work better than the single axle but not as good as a complete kit below.
Retail : $549.99 Forum Price : $494.99
3. Both Axles with CV's : For the high end car that will see some real track time and runs with the big boys. Has a special designed CV's with custom Chromoly internals that allows the spline size of the bar to be changed which means - the skinny side has the same size spline as the original axles but the bar is made from 500M material. The large side has a larger spline (usually when you take a thick bar and turn it down near the spline it makes a stress riser and cause breakage) so with no stress riser this makes the axle a lot stronger and up to the task of the BIG Hp cars....
Retail : $1,649.99 Forum Price : $1,402.49

Please email : [email protected]
Or call : 979-865-0231 to place an order.
Thanks.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,224 Posts
For years we lamented not having a WH fix on this forum, and now these guys are giving you multiple WH fixes.

I'm just saying, if you wanna spin your tires occasionally, this is a great way to protect your diff and still have a little fun. Tirerack will love you for it.

(Please note: I've never bought anything from Paschal nor have I ever had any kind of correspondence with them.)

·
Registered
'07 CTS-V
63 Posts
So, stupid question here: This past winter season I've encountered 2-3 "wheel hop" incidents in my car due to slippery conditions. I let off when I feel it but one time it felt pretty rough. I get no real diff whine or reason to believe something is wrong. Is there anyway to know whether or not there is any wear or damage on the diff due to those wheel hop incidents? The car is an '07 and under warranty, I don't wanna get axles then something happens down the line to my diff and the dealer tells me my warranty claim is voided because of the axles. I am just real tired of being scared to drive this car hard because of the wheel hop.

I'm ditching the RS-A's for some good summer tires in the next few weeks which should also help.

·
14,224 Posts
A lot have purchased DSS Axles from us.
Or call us.
Thanks,
This kinda looks like some robotic reply, doesn't it? Not highly informative and certainly not answering the question you posed.

Pharoh, to be honest, I haven't tried to induce WH in the wet with my axles, so I don't know to what degree they actually work when it's raining/wet. If I had to guess, I'd think they'd at least reduce it quite significantly and probably totally eliminate it. When it's dry, mine work absolutely perfectly. Again, I haven't tried it with different tires on different paved surfaces, but I was really impressed with the three or four 3500 RPM clutch drops I did with them. Absolutely no detectable WH.

As far as warranty concerns go, I haven't been to my dealer with them on. I'm also past warranty, so it wouldn't matter in my case. However, we've had numerous guys discuss mods and warranties on this forum in the past, and the majority of us have had good experiences. Some dealers will pitch-a-bitch and deny claims, but I can tell you I got two diffs from my dealer with headers/Corsa/Specter Werkes bushings on my car. How your dealer would be, I can't answer. But, since the axles should act to protect your diff by eliminating WH, I'd think you wouldn't have to go in for a diff anyway. Would they deny your claim for NAV buttons peeling due to new axles? They'd have to be real dicks to do that.

Lot of V owners in NJ. Maybe they know the dealers there and can give you some advice.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, Raven/Ebony; Harley Fatboy; Harley Ultra-Classic
509 Posts
I have the Gforce anti-hop axles, and I can tell you that I still have a little wheel hop in wet conditions - but it is dramatically lighter than when I had the stock axles in - and I haven't experienced any wheel hop at all in dry conditions. In fact, I had a really fun experience yesterday. I had a new blacked-out Camaro pull up next to me at a light - and he clearly wanted to have some fun - he had to weave through some traffic to catch me at the light, just for that purpose. We both got on it at three consectutive lights, and we both left some rubber behind in both first and second gear. It was a blast, and wouldn't have been possible two weeks ago with my stock axles.

By the way, I was a little faster than he was - although I noticed when I pulled off onto a side street and he passed me that his vanity plate said 600HP. Very fun.

·
Registered
'07 CTS-V
63 Posts
Thanks guys, that's just what I wanted to know! Hopefully some NJ V guys will see this and point me in the right direction as far as dealers. I have been taking mine to Gold Coast and they have been really good to me, but I only have a cat back and UUC SSK, and have not had a warranty concern with anything touching those parts.

·
14,224 Posts
... In fact, I had a really fun experience yesterday. I had a new blacked-out Camaro pull up next to me at a light - and he clearly wanted to have some fun - he had to weave through some traffic to catch me at the light, just for that purpose. We both got on it at three consectutive lights, and we both left some rubber behind in both first and second gear. It was a blast ...
Uh-oh. ibtl

·
Registered
509 Posts
ibtl?

·
14,224 Posts
Racing stories can get a thread locked. Comments posted before the lock occurs are ibtl or "in before the lock."

My comment was mostly kidding around ... your story was fairly mild compared to some.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Aw, thanks! Rookie mistake - won't happen again. (But I never said we broke any speed limits!) :lildevil:

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We are a Distributor for DSS Axles and Driveshafts which we believe are the best on the Market.
Or call with questions or to place an order.
Thanks,

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS V
196 Posts
So does anybody have these installed? Whats the verdict? I'm a little confused as to which axles to get. There are a few options what makes these better than the next mans. I do like this price though.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,754 Posts
This discussion is a paid advertisement from Paschal Performance. Please keep discussions regarding competing products in other areas.

Thank you

1 - 17 of 17 Posts