Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i ordered the axles from a different dealer than Hendrix and DynoJetMan. They were drop shipped to me from DSS through a shop in Chicago. Saved some cash but now have a problem. One of the 4 cv joints is stiff/not working. DSS is closed this week, however with their 1 year warranty (and these being a day old) i am sure i'll be getting a new one next week. As soon as it gets here i'll put it in. But for now im running the thick DSS Axle on the passenger side and the stock axle on the drivers side. I cant feel any hop and can assume it will only get better when i have 2 DSS axles in. But to prove the theory swapping 1 will work, check out the video. Not sure how this will work out long term, but opens the door to some new options

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
Good choice in tunes.

And excellent work.

I want someone to try one '06 axle and one '05 axle again just for kicks.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
I'll give you 800 bucks for the other side!!!
J/K
If you had no hop with T/C on, then your good.

Tom, someone already tried on 05, one 06. Didn't work.

·
Registered
2004 Cts-v
129 Posts
I'll give you 800 bucks for the other side!!!
J/K
If you had no hop with T/C on, then your good.

Tom, someone already tried on 05, one 06. Didn't work.
Ill split a pair with you ;) Haha.

Great video, now thats what I call a proper burn out...well done! :spin:

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great video, now thats what I call a proper burn out...well done! :spin:
The first one would have been sick without the T.C on, could have hit 2nd and kept going! 2nd one i let up just after passing the camera. The cops are nuts in that little town. Got a speeding ticket about 20 minutes after that video :( fortunately only got warnings for the inspection/registration.... It's not my DD, so i forgot about it

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
784 Posts
The first one would have been sick without the T.C on, could have hit 2nd and kept going! 2nd one i let up just after passing the camera. The cops are nuts in that little town. Got a speeding ticket about 20 minutes after that video :( fortunately only got warnings for the inspection/registration.... It's not my DD, so i forgot about it
What little town do you speak of?

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll pm ya, dont want to link this vid to any particular cities...
Also that pic at the end, i didnt start on those reflectors, that's where i ended. The crooked marks are where i started :)

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,085 Posts
NICE burnout, indeed!

I still marvel at how many Vs GM could've sold if these axles (GM's version) would have been in from the beginning and how our resale values would have remained higher ... possibly much higher.

Thanks, Ken ... and here's to the local sheriff: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Rand, did you see the vid i posted on the install thread? Not a good one but shows what's up with the other axle. I have to say i got pretty scared when the traction control came on. For a sec i was like WTF?!! Works as a great launch control if you keep your foot planted! lol

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
Thanks Rand, did you see the vid i posted on the install thread? Not a good one but shows what's up with the other axle. I have to say i got pretty scared when the traction control came on. For a sec i was like WTF?!! Works as a great launch control if you keep your foot planted! lol
I'm taking it you have cut-outs? cause you car sounded sick!!!!

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! Yes sir, cutouts, 1-3/4" kooks, xpipe, uuc flywheel, cam, springs, nitrous... Didnt use the nitrous for this, i hear it's bad for burnouts although i guess with the window switch, hmmm...jk no N20 burnouts for me!

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
nice! wish i had the extra sitting here for it... i need to get this vibration taken care of 1st!

·
Registered
escalade
571 Posts
Sorry that happen to you,i personaly check all of mine before I ship them,as well as have my balls polished,ill be glad to help you get it taking care of if you want ,i can get it in and out faster than anyone else can,give me a call and ill get you taking care of.The reason your not getting hop is that you have the biggest of the 2 bars installed correct?The stock 06 style will not provide a nuff difference between the two.Give me a call if you would like my help 980-521-0722

·
Registered
escalade
571 Posts
Hey man i just read the othe thread you had,thanks for the props!

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea guys, I seriously doubt i'd be experiencing this if i had just gone through Hendrix, so take it from me, they are the ones to buy from. Im lucky as the V isnt my DD and i am still having fun with just the one axle, but it certainly would have been nice to swap it all out at one time vs having to do it all again. Hendrix, im pretty convinced they just shipped a bad CV, i dont think there's much else to do other than wait until Monday and give them a call right? I dont want to disassemble it any further and give them an opportunity to say i caused the problem, which i doubt they would do but just to be safe. Im hoping they'll just swap me for the smaller axle, but i will keep everyone posted. I really appreciate your offers to help me even though i bought elsewhere, says a lot guys!

·
Registered
escalade
571 Posts
Yea guys, I seriously doubt i'd be experiencing this if i had just gone through Hendrix, so take it from me, they are the ones to buy from. Im lucky as the V isnt my DD and i am still having fun with just the one axle, but it certainly would have been nice to swap it all out at one time vs having to do it all again. Hendrix, im pretty convinced they just shipped a bad CV, i dont think there's much else to do other than wait until Monday and give them a call right? I dont want to disassemble it any further and give them an opportunity to say i caused the problem, which i doubt they would do but just to be safe. Im hoping they'll just swap me for the smaller axle, but i will keep everyone posted. I really appreciate your offers to help me even though i bought elsewhere, says a lot guys!
They will difently take care of it ! however You will be in the line of all the dss customers,and they service many many people so it may take a few days to get to you,which is only fair as they are servicing many customers.If you want to get it to me i can get it in my line which is alot shorterLOL,i should be able to get it taken care of and sent out the same day,they are coming off a week break so it will be backed up but i will be able to get it done in half the time.I understand if you want to go threw them ,just trying to help out.

·
Registered
05 CTS V
600 Posts
that's definitely a BURNOUT, NICE!!!! I know what I am saving for.

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts
That's how a mofo burn out is done! Sounds sick!!

·
Registered
cts-v
2,741 Posts
very nice burnout.

my 2nd vacation this mth didnt hurt so bad so i think after the 4th i might bite the bullet.

( i did a burnout of my wife and when it hopped she was like WTF is that?)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts