Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Since swirl marks on the black paint are really easy to cause during the drying process, no matter how careful you are I was thinking about this product:

www.crspotless.com

The guys on www.autopia.com seem to like it, and they swear you can just let the car air dry. Warning: spending too much time at that website will drive you crazy (similar to going crazy over mods).

Eric

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
I swear by it...have used it since 98 and have had no issues. I will warn you that you need to change it out every couple of years.

Florian

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Florian said:
I swear by it...have used it since 98 and have had no issues. I will warn you that you need to change it out every couple of years.

Florian
I know it cuts the drying time down in half! I use that then take a 100% cotton towel and dry the rest off but the towel I use is just barely damp when I'm finished!
Have you noticed ANY scratches or marks from this product? Have you used it on a black car b-4?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking about trying the autodry stuff but what if you wash your car then wanna wax it...I guess you would have to wait untill it dries. Also I guess you cant drive it untill it dries which may be a while. My guess is it works good on wheels to but you would need to dry the tires if your going to give them the wet look.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt
1,690 Posts
Tried the Mr clean thing worked for about 3 times and it was out. I have hard water.

I prefer to wash black late in the day (last hour). If waxed well, I use Rejex for entire car particularly the wheels for dust control, I use my leaf blower. My neighbors all thought I was crazy but now they all use too. Use the leaf blower to blow off the major water and particularly the emblems, mirrors and other places that dribble after the first trip around the block. I even blow the water from the door jambs. I can then finish with one cotton towel easily.

I use the blade on other older cars but never on the V.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dennisscars said:
Tried the Mr clean thing worked for about 3 times and it was out. I have hard water.

I prefer to wash black late in the day (last hour). If waxed well, I use Rejex for entire car particularly the wheels for dust control, I use my leaf blower. My neighbors all thought I was crazy but now they all use too. Use the leaf blower to blow off the major water and particularly the emblems, mirrors and other places that dribble after the first trip around the block. I even blow the water from the door jambs. I can then finish with one cotton towel easily.

Why not the V?

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk
3,963 Posts
Dennisscars said:
I use the blade on everything. The GN, since it's black, shows every imperfection. So far no ill effects from the blade. I use compressed air to blow out the cracks, around emblems, etc. and then finish with a synthetic drying thingy (can't remember the name).

The Mr. Clean thing sounds too good to be true, but I'll have to try it now. The GN is Zaino'd so any water I miss during my anal drying process doesn't leave spots anyway.

Jim

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Joe,

I had 2 black Camaro SS's and the blade was used on both of them...no swirls, no scratches, nada. All good.

Florian

·
Registered
113 Posts
I use the Mr. Clean Auto dry.:) The first filter that was included only lasted about 3 washes but they did say that it was only good for about three or four. When I bought the replacement filter refills I get about 8 to 10 washes from one filter depending on how many times I do my truck. I really works great. I doubted it at first but after I tried it I was impressed. My neighbors all own one and so do my two brothers. I stocked up on refills at the end of summer when the stores kill summer type merchandise. I bought 5 filters and three soap refills at a great savings. (The soap also has spotting agents in it and will not remove wax for those who usewaxes.) Makes washing the V quick and easy.:thumbsup:
I also found that the car seems to stay cleaner for a little longer. I have REJEX all over my car, so that could be helping also.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
114 Posts
I've used the California Blade for years and absolutely love the thing!!! Like Florian mentioned, you have to change it out every few years though!!!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I am a big skeptic but my Dad bought me the Mr. Clean thing and I love it. I told him thanks but no thanks, but he insisted that I try it. It really works if you don't feel like toweling. You want "show car" then you need to pull out the towel, but for eliminating 98% of spotting it is great.

With our brakes, even if you towel, 10 miles later the car is no longer perfectly clean anyway.

Mr. Clean works best when you use their soap (though i can't figure that one out; "sheening action" in auto soap is an old grail....) and when you keep the filters fresh. After about 15 washings (I am pretty efficient) the filter slows down and you start to see more spots. We have pretty hard water here in Northern VA.

I have used in on silver, white, and charcoal cars, though I don;t see why it wouldn't work equally well on black. a spot is a spot.......

Doug

·
FAQ is your Friend
CTS-V
3,987 Posts
I use the california blade as well... I talked to Sal Zaino about it and his comment was that if there was still dirt on the car, it could cause microscratches... I clean the car well and washt he car well and use the blade on the big areas (hood, trunk, roof and sides)...

It used to take me 4 towels to dry, now it takes 1 along with the blade.

JUST make sure to get all of the dirt off before you use it. (and clean the blade before you use it too)..

Reed

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ctsvett said:
I use the california blade as well... I talked to Sal Zaino about it and his comment was that if there was still dirt on the car, it could cause microscratches... I clean the car well and washt he car well and use the blade on the big areas (hood, trunk, roof and sides)...

It used to take me 4 towels to dry, now it takes 1 along with the blade.

JUST make sure to get all of the dirt off before you use it. (and clean the blade before you use it too)..

Reed
Cool :thumbsup: ...this thread may be good FAQ material! :yup:

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
931 Posts
JOEYCTS-V said:
After seeing the Mr. Clean AutoDry in action I went out and bought one. I would have never believed it worked if I didn't see a friend of mine use it on his black truck. For 18 bucks you can't go wrong. I was finished washing my car so quick I was amazed. It doesn't seem like a chore anymore.

http://www.homemadesimple.com/mrcleanautodry/products.shtml
I've found that the Mr. Clean works well on non-black, non-polymer cars. But not so well on my black V which has several coats of Rejex.

·
Registered
05 sedan , 11 Wagon
265 Posts
I have also had less than stellar results with the Mr Clean system.... thought i was the only one. I went back to the old system of OLD cotton towls. I used to show a couple of dark green british cars at concours.. never waxed the show cars as theyw ere fair weather trailer queens... only glazed them and had good luck.. I also have Rejex on the V and maybe that is why the Mr Clean system isnt working for me.

Bill
St Louis

1 - 20 of 30 Posts