Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2006 CTS-V
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is the second thread I've started today, sorry!

But how do you guys think the Dropstar DS05s would look on our Vs?

Available in 18, 19, and 20 diameters, with complimenting widths, in chrome and flat black finishes. They aren't available in our bolt pattern obviously, but with no thought given to how I'd make it work, do you think that they'd look good?

Black on a 300C:

It'd be great if someone could get some pictures of these wheels photoshopped on a V, specifically a silver one. A bigger version of the above pic is available at this link, but its not very high-res.

Someone who lives where I do has a set of these on an older STS so I'm going to examine them closer. Split 5 spokes FTW, and the wheels will really show off the Brembos and cross drilled / slotted rotors if you had them.

If someone could do that photoshop I'll give you all my internets :thumbsup:

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
457 Posts
Black looks great provided you can get the six lug pattern - maybe 6 spokes then. Lot of work seems like.

Goodluck

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
To everyone that commented on the bolt pattern.

They aren't available in our bolt pattern obviously, but with no thought given to how I'd make it work, do you think that they'd look good?

From what I gather, he's just asking if you think they look good and obviously knows about the 6 lug hubs.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
I don't get it. They're 5 lug and you said you already know our cars need 6 and that these rims are not available in 6 lug, yet you want someone to photoshop them on a V :hmm:

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
1,415 Posts
I think with a 6 spoke and 6 lugs they would look like accessory wheels...

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
those 300c's have such tiny calipers!!! :v:FTW

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
1,415 Posts

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
I vote no. Aside from the obvious hell project of converting the hubs to 5 lug, those wheels are too open to look good on a CTS. The blocky styling of our cars lends itself better to thick spoke wheels, or thin spoke wheels with lots of spokes (like the accessory wheels).

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you think his brakedust is bad, my front wheels are black right now. i just cleaned the car but left the wheels uncleaned - i like the dark wheel look haha im too lazy to paint them

reason i ask is because im working as a tester for a company through work working on a solution for our Vs crappy bolt pattern. A basic adapter, but its extremely thin (15mm) , and the huge offset needed to counter having a spacer on a car with a high offset already is available in those wheels. So ill need a set of wheels in 5x114.3 to test out the adapters. The DS05 dropstars can be had in 20s with the adapter and only stick out 3mm more than stock! I'll keep you guys posted on how this goes.

I really like these wheels minus the centercaps obviously, but they cant be had in high enough offset to counter having the adapter on there. and not really V styling anyways, but ive just always liked them, wanted to get them on my 350Z but i ended up getting wheels almost identical to the DS05s this thread is about except not split spoke:

sooo anyone who can do the photoshop will still be crowned king awesome

·
Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,747 Posts
I wish you luck and keep us posted. I'm really interested in finding more options for wheels for our V's

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so can anyne do the photo shop? i want to move forward and test these hub adapters for our Vs but dont want to move forward with it until ive decided on a rim, and need to see these! the picture of the black set on the 300C in the OP should be easy to PS on a silver V. chrome or black doesnt matter. doesnt have to be good, just an idea

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
not to be negative nancy here....but I don't think you are going to get someone to do it becuase most here don't like the rims....
too much bling...and too heavy

find something they like as a whole (lightweight and staggered) and they will photoshop the sh!t out of it.....just say'n

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i know people do nt care for them but its a 3 minute job for a PS pro, ill have to hit up the cats on the 350z forum

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
1,415 Posts
reason i ask is because im working as a tester for a company through work working on a solution for our Vs crappy bolt pattern. A basic adapter, but its extremely thin (15mm) , and the huge offset needed to counter having a spacer on a car with a high offset already is available in those wheels. So ill need a set of wheels in 5x114.3 to test out the adapters.
Mike, can you share some specs on the adapter? I thought about doing this a while back, but as soon as I drew up the bolt patterns... I couldn't make it work

Here is the pic I posed of the adapter to better show what I mean.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
not really sure how they work i havent seen them yet but i think it may include new shorter studs, possibly with some form of locking such as castle nuts or something. i dont know anything about them at all though yet, ill keep ya'll posted

1 - 20 of 24 Posts