Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '05's DRL's do not work anymore - just mysteriously went off. Before Ibring it in to the dealer and they say "(you dummy) just turn this switch" I thought I owuld give all of you the pleasure first!
Did I do something to turn them off? BTW, everything else seems to work fine, turnsignals etc.

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 5sp Auto Silver Smoke with Neutral Interior
998 Posts
are they off when you are driving in the daytime? (this sounds like a dumb question, but they won't "turn-on" when you are parked or its night)

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Yea, like everyone's said, try putting the car into neutral (on a flat surface) put the parking break on and then go check them.

rydr2 said:
DRL's will not come on unless you are in gear. It also depends on how they are program in the DIC
Programmed in the DIC? I never saw any options for DRL's in the DIC, where's this?

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
The DRL's will not turn on when the parking brake is set. Make sure your parking brake isn't slightly set.

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Mbai2 said:
The DRL's will not turn on when the parking brake is set. Make sure your parking brake isn't slightly set.
Really? I guess I never checked...but last time I took pictures with my car I could've sworn I used the parking brake to get the DRL's on....

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
AsAkAs said:
Really? I guess I never checked...but last time I took pictures with my car I could've sworn I used the parking brake to get the DRL's on....

Hmm..maybe it's different since I have a manual.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
AsAkAs said:

Looks cool. See, the Euro version doesn't have those DRL's...

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Does this help?

The daytime running lamps (DRL) will illuminate the right and left front turn signal bulbs continuously. The DRLs will operate when the following conditions are met:

The ignition is in the RUN or CRANK position
The shift lever is out of the PARK position for vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions or the parking brake is released for vehicles with manual transmissions.
The high and low beam headlamps are OFF.
When conditions for DRL operation exist, the powertrain control module (PCM) sends a class 2 message to the dash integration module (DIM), on vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions indicating the transmission is out of the PARK position. The instrument panel cluster IPC sends a class 2 message to the DIM on vehicles that are equipped with manual transmissions that the parking brake is released. The DIM sends a signal to the turn signal/hazard flasher module by grounding the DRL signal circuit of the turn signal/hazard flasher module. When the turn signal/hazard flasher module receives this signal the module supplies continuous battery voltage to the right and left front turn signal lamps. The turn signal lamps are permanently ground at G104 and therefore illuminate. Turn signal and hazard flasher operation take precedence over DRL operation. For Domestic vehicle only, DRL operation will be disabled if the Photocell Status indicates Dark conditions, the twilight switch status OFF and either the front fog lamps or park lamps are turned ON.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
RobertCTS said:
Eldo,
No DRLs on the euro version? What does yours look like??:hmm:
Just the same. Let me be more clear: the Euro version does not have the DRL-function. So the turn signal lights are just turn signal lights. :bighead:

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
RobertCTS said:
Had your morning coffee yet Eldo?:coffee:
Sorry about that smiley. At work the smilies are not animated, so i just saw this smiley looking up like a smart ass...

But actually, I had coffee this morning that had too little water in it. So it was extremely concentrated! That woke me up!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts