Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SRX
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was staring at the SRX as my wife drove it into the garage and noticed amber lights. Are the daylight running lights amber on the SRX? I thought that wasn't allowed.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Yes. Same on the CTS as well. There is no reason that wouldnt be allowed. I am going to convert the Escalade ones to orange as well.

·
Registered
2005 SRX
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In California you can't run with just your parking lights. I was thinking that amber DRLs is pretty much the same thing (although the red tails are off).

Ok, I least I know it's normal. Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 SRX AWD V8
204 Posts
I have been driving my SRX in California, and stopped a few times. Always with the "yellow" parking lights on. I think even if this is a law in California, it is overlooked, much like the "no talking on the cell phone while driving" rule, which is NEVER enforced. They always love to bust people with no front plate tho, that seems to be a real winner.

Once again, you can option to have these turned off, just consult your owners manual where they describe them as "parade lighting"

·
Registered
2005 SRX
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Read the manual??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you mad????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2005 SRX
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I read the manual (gasp) and it's not parade mode but I figured out how to turn it off. It's unnecessarily weird how it works.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
Once again, you can option to have these turned off, just consult your owners manual where they describe them as "parade lighting"
"Parade Lighting". That is your answer to everything today, isn't it? :)

·
Registered
2005 SRX AWD V8
204 Posts
TSS,
I like your style.

When I got my new toy, I read the manual cover to cover (as I do for every gadget I receive). My favorite lines in there was "Parade lighting". Unfortunately my manual got stolen when my NAV system was ripped out of my dash. As far as I remember, "Parade Lighting" is referred to as the default daytime setting for the light switch being on "auto" which happens to be just the amber daytime running lights.

Some other nice tidbits about the SRX that you can get from the manual. (maybe you know all of these)

If you press the unlock button three times in succession you can move the 3rd row seat without the keys in the ignition.

You can rematch the tire pressure sensors yourself if you rotate your own tires, however, it takes several complicated steps that include turning the lights on and off and decreasing the tire pressure by 10 psi.

You can adjust what your SRX does when you lock it with the remote. Either flash the lights, leave the lights on for a set time, and beep the horn or a variation of them all.

You can also choose to have the passenger side mirror point to the curb, this feature can be turned on and off.

And of course (we discussed this before), the front bumper headlight washers only spray when the headlights are on.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,745 Posts
If you press the unlock button three times in succession you can move the 3rd row seat without the keys in the ignition.
That is awesome to know. I thought I had read my manual cover to cover too.... Guess I did it too fast.

·
Registered
08 Cadillac SRX, 06 CTS-V
43 Posts
Yes. Same on the CTS as well.
add the STS & the Corvette too...& i think there are a few more GM vehicles that use the amber as the DRL

i think the amber is better then the normal headlight being on...mixes it up a bit...give it a different look.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac SRX
121 Posts
I read the f... manual but I did not manage to get the DRL's off while driving. (I know, they go off if I turn on the light) I followed step by step what the manual says, anyway they stay on (vehicle in motion). Anyone who managed this pls explain. Thanks a lot in advance.

·
Registered
2005 SRX
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I read the manual too and the bottom line is: the DRLs are amber. As long as it's normal I'm fine. It's not like I am out front looking while it's going down the road.

I was just worried I got the car into some weird setting where the front amber lights come on when the check wallet light on the dash goes lights up.

TK

·
Registered
2007 N* Thunder Gray/Ebony AWD/NAV/MRC
875 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
I have a 2005 SRX that will be going to Canada for my sister to drive. They require Daytime Running Lights in Canada and was wondering if all we need to do is put in the DRL fuse relay? Does anyone know if this is all we need to do to activate them? Thanks.

·
Registered
2007 SRX
347 Posts
Autobahn....In Canada if a car is manufactured specifically for Canada you cannot turn off the drl as you can in the U.S. Maybe it is the same in Germany.

Slash.....just set your lights to auto and the drl will function.....do not tell anyone that they can be turned off or the day time running light police will have you disable this function (for about 200 bucks). I import U.S. vehicles into Canada and it sort of falls under the don't ask....don't tell category.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts