Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so where do i find bulbs for eliminating the yellow, as suggested
"led drl's that look white when not lit or some sylvania 3157 that are chrome coated"?
that are a direct fit.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Go LED. :cool2:

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
cambodian tire never seems to have anything for my car around here, i tried to get side marker lights when they burn't out and they never had them, they also never had an oil filter or a transmission filter. I'll try again, is the connection for the bulb only in caddy or is the socket type the same in more gm vehicles?
i'd go led but the question is WHERE DO I GET THEM?

·
Registered
'03 Cadillac CTS
16 Posts
Well you can order them online of course. Or you can try Auto Source or Princess Auto (both in St. James dont know where any other ones are) those places have a better selection and could quite possibly have LED lights too. The socket connection is a generic gm parts bin type so its not caddy only. Not sure if the manual has the parts number cause you can usually find bulbs that will meet that socket type and work in the car.

The oil filters for our car wont be anywhere in Winnipeg youll have to pretty much order them online or from a gm dealership.

Kind of a side question but do you have your DRL's off already or do you run with them on? Just wondering if you have had an issues with the po-po in the city stopping you?

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, i will try those. atleast if i know the socket goes beyond caddy i can tell thet to the auto parts guys, they can't seem to find anything without a parts number or a model.
ya i have my drl's disabled, no problems with the police, i can always turn on my fogs if i'm feeling the pressure. before i had the clears i had my drl's tinted really dark, still never had a problem with police, my side markers are virtually blacked out too.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
It is not illegal to have no DRL. Alot of makers have them implemented, but it is not illegal.

If you want LED info, you can do a quick search to find it out.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
so where do i find bulbs for eliminating the yellow, as suggested
"led drl's that look white when not lit or some sylvania 3157 that are chrome coated"?
that are a direct fit.
$10 for my turn signals. Sylvania Silverstars, they look like purple/blue when not lit... depends how light is reflecting. I like them alot.

See pic...

Attachments

·
Registered
'03 Cadillac CTS
16 Posts
It is not illegal to have no DRL. Alot of makers have them implemented, but it is not illegal.

If you want LED info, you can do a quick search to find it out.
In Canada its actually illegal to have the DRL's disabled on vehicles that have it :(

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Yes but anybody who's anybody lives in the USA. Duh...

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
xocomaox you'r saying you'r a somebody bwahahahaha.
i checked around nobody i could find had em instock locally, chrome sylvania's i went to napa they said they could get them in for like 9.50 a bulb plus 7.00 shipping.
little bit pricey for a 50 cent bulb.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
i checked around nobody i could find had em instock locally, chrome sylvania's i went to napa they said they could get them in for like 9.50 a bulb plus 7.00 shipping.
wait... your name is tommy compton... please tell me you at least live in Cali?

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
get these http://autolumination.com/switchback.html

actually dont get the switchbacks though cuz they dont work but plain led's will do just fine

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Disabling DRLs does not disable the turn signals. FYI

1 - 17 of 17 Posts