Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Cadillac Eldorado
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all and thanks for reading.im having trouble with my 91 coupedeville.im far from a caddi expert so please bear with me.my battery has been dying for the past week usually when the car wasnt driven for the day..i got a jumpstart twice and the last time the car wouldnt jump.i took it to my mechanic he told me there was a short in the drl module.he said it was melted? he says he removed the fuse for this module and it wouldnt give me any more trouble.my car started right away after that but that same night i noticed my taillights didnt come on,my dash didnt light up when i turn on my headlights, and when i open the door to exit the vehicle the chime started to sound as if my keys were on in the ignition or my headlights were on which were off and my keys were in my hand.anybody have a clue whats happening because i dont and im not too sure if my mechanic knows.he told me i have to replace the drl module.does anybody know if that will solve this headache.thanks in advance

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I am no expert on that, and if you have DRL on a 91 it sounds like a Canada vehicle.. which I know even less about.

Disabling modules by pulling fuses often leads to chaos. It can affect other systems in adverse ways.
Start by replacing the parts you know are bad and then go back to checking for symptoms.
My guess is that module does a lot more than just turn on the DRLs.

HTH.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts