Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Driving your car in "S" mode......

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  the cadillac kid 
#1 ·
Can it be harmful to your car if you always drive it in Sports mode?

I know, my question is so rookieish :crybaby:

#2 ·
dont think so... it was there to be used, not for show.

plus, i think it was ?kael? or someone else possibly, who drove his car in sport mode a lot, he got better gas mileage and whatnot...

theres a thread probably in the last couple pages. ..

#4 ·
It kills your gas mileage, can add wear to the tires, and may result in tickets but other than that there should be no negative after effects. Sport mode only changes the shift points so the car should be designed to handle it. It is not like you are injecting NO2 into the engine or something equally silly. Plenty of GM cars have similar settings so you would think they have it figured out by now.

#11 ·
Sorry Rey, that was just a joke. I didn't intend for everyone to start discussing Vs.

Back on topic, the only potential damage you could do would be extra stress on the moving parts in the engine and transmission due to the sustained high RPMs, but that's true with any car.

#13 ·
ya just remember that you're using the tiptronics.... like i was accelerating from a stop but got distracted for a split second and didnt shift out of first when i shoulda.... dont do that too often...:duh: not smart :tisk:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.