Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can it be harmful to your car if you always drive it in Sports mode?

I know, my question is so rookieish :crybaby:

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
dont think so... it was there to be used, not for show.

plus, i think it was ?kael? or someone else possibly, who drove his car in sport mode a lot, he got better gas mileage and whatnot...

theres a thread probably in the last couple pages. ..

·
Registered
2003 CTS
920 Posts
I've had my 03 for since Nov. of 02 and the only time I take it out of "S" is on the freeway. I drive around town in 3rd and 4th gear and downshift at all stops and start out in 2nd. No problem sofar. :thumbsup:

P.S. I'm a lead foot.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 Auto w/ Sport & Luxury Packages
555 Posts
It kills your gas mileage, can add wear to the tires, and may result in tickets but other than that there should be no negative after effects. Sport mode only changes the shift points so the car should be designed to handle it. It is not like you are injecting NO2 into the engine or something equally silly. Plenty of GM cars have similar settings so you would think they have it figured out by now.

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
It kills your gas mileage, can add wear to the tires, and may result in tickets but other than that there should be no negative after effects. Sport mode only changes the shift points so the car should be designed to handle it. It is not like you are injecting NO2 into the engine or something equally silly. Plenty of GM cars have similar settings so you would think they have it figured out by now.
watch it buddy :tisk: lol

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
I drive my V in "Sport mode" all the time, and the only negative effects are rapid tire wear and increased endorphin levels. I say knock yourself out.

Oh wait, I have a 6MT....Well, the same advice still applies. :D

·
Registered
CTS 3.6 SOLD!Now SAAB 9-3(me), CTS Wagon(mom), STS 3.6(dad)
457 Posts
I drive my V in "Sport mode" all the time, and the only negative effects are rapid tire wear and increased endorphin levels. I say knock yourself out.

Oh wait, I have a 6MT....Well, the same advice still applies. :D
:)

i was like what v's arent automatic

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Actually you can get a V in auto..

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Sorry Rey, that was just a joke. I didn't intend for everyone to start discussing Vs.

Back on topic, the only potential damage you could do would be extra stress on the moving parts in the engine and transmission due to the sustained high RPMs, but that's true with any car.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
not unless your an imitator wanna V with badges on your CTS.........Vs are all manuals
And now you see what I was getting at. :stirpot:

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
ya just remember that you're using the tiptronics.... like i was accelerating from a stop but got distracted for a split second and didnt shift out of first when i shoulda.... dont do that too often...:duh: not smart :tisk:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts