Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 SRX performance drives differently on grooved concrete roadways, kind of wanders for lack of a better word. My dealer has not heard this complaint from anyone else. Any SRX owners have this wandering effect on their car? My dealer has checked for loose or worn parts. The old Avalon drove the same on grooved concrete or pavement. Thank for any input!

·
Registered
2010 SRX
188 Posts
I assume your tires are OK and they're the Michelin Latitudes that came with it (one the best tires made, btw). I would think that grooved concrete would make any car drive differently.

Be sure your tires are properly inflated (35 psi cold) and your front end is aligned. And how often must one drive on grooved concrete? Is it OK on the highway? If so, you should be fine.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Performance, 2013 CTS-V
501 Posts
The few times that I have driven on grooved roadways with cars and motorcycles I found it best to use a loose grip and let the tires search back and forth. You tend to go straight with a bit of wiggling.

·
Registered
2015 Premium Silver Coast / Brownstone
104 Posts
2014 SRX performance drives differently on grooved concrete roadways, kind of wanders for lack of a better word. My dealer has not heard this complaint from anyone else. Any SRX owners have this wandering effect on their car? My dealer has checked for loose or worn parts. The old Avalon drove the same on grooved concrete or pavement. Thank for any input!
I have also noticed my 2015 premium does not seem to have the same grip on grooved concrete. Here in Toronto and area we have a highway that is grooved and the ride seems to be more vague than others. The need is there to be more cognisant of driving. My tire are OEM Michelin Latitude and are at recommended psi. I will say that this is one area that my 2013 Luxury with 18s was not an issue. Shoe

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
758 Posts
I'm assuming the grooves are running in the same direction as the vehicle is traveling. If that's the case it's a phenomonem called 'tramlining' where the tires try to follow the grooves. The name comes from streetcars following tracks laid in the road. Different tires have different tendencies and it can be affected by tire pressure.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=47

·
Registered
2015 Premium Silver Coast / Brownstone
104 Posts
I'm assuming the grooves are running in the same direction as the vehicle is traveling. If that's the case it's a phenomonem called 'tramlining' where the tires try to follow the grooves. The name comes from streetcars following tracks laid in the road. Different tires have different tendencies and it can be affected by tire pressure.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=47
Thank you MI SRX. Makes total sense , as I can compare two different tire types with the same car as well . CASE CLOSED

1 - 7 of 7 Posts